M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today on the ride home I thought my bike wasn't riding normal. So I got home, let it sit for awhile then started it up, put it in first gear and revvvvvvvved it up to about 4-5k. The bike starts creeping forwarding when I do this. The bike only has 5k miles on it could it be time for a new clutch? (i wouldn't think so)

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Check that clutch cable. It is more likely freyed at the lever side. If it is engaging---it is not the clutch going out. It is a mis-adjustment of sorts--most likely caused by the cable start to break. Take a look.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm alittle confused, I looked at my manual and it says to turn the adjustor all the way into the clutch level assembly, then take off the secondary gear cover and adjust it down there. It doesn't say anything about readjusting the top by the clutch pedal.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Just pull the cover off down low (below your key) and check the clutch cable. Some guys have had cables fray at the bottom, but at the perch is more common. There is an easy adjustment, and it should only take you about 10 minutes for the whole thing.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok I made the top adjustor tight and then adjusted the bottom, question is do you guys make it the play up top 10-15mm or do you make it the 3 quarter rule?

also i don't know if this matters but the bottom is almost all the way up to the top of the threads.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts