M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guy's, Riding home last night, came to a stop and noticed my clutch lever had lots of play, when I got home checked the lever and noticed the cable has frayed, only holding on by 2 strands. I called my dealer this morning, they have to order the cable in, but it's under warranty( M90 puchased may 09 with extended warranty) it seems crappy the cable only lasted 15 months. they will not do anything untill I take the bike to them, I told them to go ahead and order the cable and I will pay for it if it's not under warranty (suggesting it's my fault the cable shredded) they told me I will not get the bike back untill August 27 unless I pay for overnight delivery, I guess I'll be intalling the cable myself if they can't or will not do it tomorrow( yeh I know impatient) Anyone else have this problem or this just a fluke:dontknow:

·
Registered
738 Posts
At least be thankful you got home on the cable... I know of a few guys who weren't so lucky...

·
Registered
788 Posts
I would bet on a fluke. I have not heard of this being a problem with anybody else.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not necessarily a fluke

I have an '07 M109 with just under 22,000 miles. It is currently at the stealer having the 4th clutch cable installed.

Number 3 was installed on June 8th...yes, just over two months ago.

Number 1 cable was installed by factory. It lasted about two years.
I installed number 2 cable. After about a year, it broke leaving me stranded over an hour from home.

Number 3 cable (current cable) installed by dealer. Last week, I started having difficulties finding neutral and keeping the bike running while clutch was fulling engadged and in gear at a stop lights/signs...bike was pulling forward and sputtered.

Dealer thinks it is a problem with the clutch lever assembly. They noticed "play" (vertical movement) of the clutch lever and believe that it is the root of the problem...I have my doubts.

P.S. Since last cable (#3) was installed a couple of months ago, dealer has agreed to not charge me for #4.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Clutch cable update

Well, I just got home after riding the M90 to my dealer approx 14km through 9 traffic lights and no stop signs, clutch cable let go as I let out the clutch at 2nd light,only had to stop at another 2 lights, I had to push bike and drop it into 1st gear, way way way back in the day I used to race 250's, we had to push start them, ride side saddle for 1st 50ft or so then throw your leg over, problem is bike only weighed 200 lbs or so, also 40 years younger. Lets just say I will not be trying that again. :redfaced: Dealer says I get the bike back friday lunchtime, woohoo ( no charge and wifey drove behind me continually questioning my sanity, only not so politely)

·
Registered
92 Posts
i feel bad as the guy who bought my bike last thursday snapped the clutch cable on his way home and now after the dealer has had the bike since then wants me to pay for it. Interesting though because it was a new cable 3 or 4 months ago when i put the risers on.

·
Registered
743 Posts
i feel bad as the guy who bought my bike last thursday snapped the clutch cable on his way home and now after the dealer has had the bike since then wants me to pay for it. Interesting though because it was a new cable 3 or 4 months ago when i put the risers on.
tell the dealer to get stuffed i bet they wouldnt help you if something else went wrong its not your bike anymore it just goes to show that suzuki dont build thier bikes very well

1 - 10 of 10 Posts