M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you did not read my previous post on the clutch cable snaping here it is
http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=5076.msg68093#msg68093

I called the Stealership, since they told me when I had the bike towed in that, it would be 5 to 7 business days to get my clutch in, and it has been over seven to find out when my bike will be ready.

They looked up my bike and said, "oh the clutch is on back order until October 20th."

Needless to say, I am not pleased. A simple clutch cable is going to have my bike down for a total of two months???!!!??
This is prime riding weather in Vegas too!!

The dealer suggested that Suzuki is trying to manufacture bikes to keep up with demand and very little in replacement parts is getting into the supply chain.

I am going to call Suzuki today and raise holy hell. I will keep you all posted as to what they say.

·
Registered
665 Posts
There's NO EXCUSE for that much down time,plus I can't believe that it would take that long to get their hands on a cable. ::)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I know how you feel. I can't find a front tire for my bike. They are on back order or not in stock.

Luck,

JusMe

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
they should be able to make a custom cable for ya. It's not brain surgery.

JusMe
everybody should have tires for the front. Nothing special there. Click on Directline's link at the top, they have several brands available.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I would have them pulling a cable of a bike on the floor . or getting some kind of after marked cable until the OEM one comes in . there is no reason it should take that long . they love to sell the bikes . they need to keep us happy too so we come back.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
quick silver said:
I would have them pulling a cable of a bike on the floor . or getting some kind of after marked cable until the OEM one comes in . there is no reason it should take that long . they love to sell the bikes . they need to keep us happy too so we come back.
That's what I had them do when my rear tire went flat. They told me 10 days to two weeks for shipping....I said I bought all the extra warantees so I would not have to wait, and they WILL find me a tire....NOW. They contacted another dealership of theirs and got me a 240 screamin eagle tire....said it would be a 250...they lied, but I've got the fastest screamin eagle Harley tire on the streets!!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Just call Barnett. They make clutches and cables for every two wheeled thing on the planet. They can even make you one in any length you want. And then have the dealer pay for it. :D

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The rest of the story.

I call Suzuki Customer Support number yesterday.  I explained what the stealer told me and told the representative that Oct 20th is not an exceptable solution.

He said, "Let me see if we can find the part in the US and expedite it to you.  Someone will call you by the end of business today" 

Up until this point I was prepared to get nasty, but his response simply took the wind right out of my sails.  It was almost kind of a let down, I am so used to companies just simply not trying to take care of customers that I was expecting to get frustrated and mad.

It is past 3 pm and I am thinking, no wonder that was so easy, this guy just wanted to get me off the phone and now I will not be able to call back until tomorrow.   ::)

About 4 pm I get a call.  It is the representative from Suzuki.   He apologizes for not getting back to me sooner, but he still is looking for the part.  He is calling me to let me know this and fulfill his promise of calling me by the end of the day.   :bigthumbsup:  :bigthumbsup: He will call me tomorrow when he knows something.

---The Next Day--

Today, he calls and says, the dealer should have my clutch cable by next Wendesday at the latest.  I forgot where he said they were sending it from.  I was in shock.

So now I have to say WOW!! 

I am so used to dealing with too many companies who have such shitty customer service that I actually expect to get abused in the process. 

Suzuki not only made a great bike, though the parts system still needs work, their response to the customer has impressed me.  The simple promise of calling me by the end of the day and keeping this promise has value.  Finding my part and getting it to me in a reasonible amount of time has value.  Being able to ride my M109 next week.....  (Oh you know it is coming)..... Priceless.   :a18:

Thus, if I get my part next week and I am on the road again I will be happy. 

But seriously, my bike would have been down for two months for a clutch cable if I sat on my butt and did nothing....   :swear:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
very nicely done, on both yours and suzuki's parts (nice pun, eh?).

·
Registered
592 Posts
mooremj said:
If you did not read my previous post on the clutch cable snapping here it is
http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=5076.msg68093#msg68093

I called the Stealership, since they told me when I had the bike towed in that, it would be 5 to 7 business days to get my clutch in, and it has been over seven to find out when my bike will be ready.Â

They looked up my bike and said, "oh the clutch is on back order until October 20th."

Needless to say, I am not pleased. A simple clutch cable is going to have my bike down for a total of two months???!!!??
This is prime riding weather in Vegas too!!

We have 2 stock clutch cables sitting in the shop if anyone ever needs to get one fast.
We also have the stock, +2" & +3" steel braided cables in stock.
Big Joe.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts