M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I'm new to the forum.A question about taking the clutch cable out from under the engine mount.That makes a lot of sense but don't we need to be concerned about the cable then cooking itslef on the engine casing? I wonder if that's why it's under the mount in first place. Just a thought.
Kranski.???

·
Registered
5,921 Posts
No the cable will not cook itself on the engine casing. As an example when I re-routed my engine crankcase breather down into the left engine cover, I used a clear plastic tube, which has been resting against the rear cylinder for four years now. Its not been a problem yet.

That cable sheath can handle more heat than some plastic tubing.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Thanks
I'll go ahead and do it,I was just a little concerned.
Kranski.
As CBX states, you will be fine. Actually, there really is no difference as it just shifts on the outside of the motormount. FYI, I have run my stock one and the Barnett for a total of 37k miles that way and it has no signs of heat issues.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,037 Posts
What you're really doing is moving it outside the motor mount. If you look under the front of the engine, the cable goes between the mount and the engine. This causes it to make a sharper turn and doesn't allow it to move as the engine moves against it.

This shows the old and new position. If you find that crossbar the cable runs across, shown with the yellow line, then look down lower you'll see the motor mount.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts