M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading the post about the clutch issue and someone said in a list of things for the dealer to check is make sure the tighten, adjust the clutch bearing. Did search on it and came up empty ? Call me crazy or hell maybe my clutch is starting to act right but I took it for a ride tonight and when I started off clunk 1st-2nd. I was stopped on a hill at a light and when I took off it shifted so sweet I couldn't believe it. It got me thinking about the incline and oil and partial wet clutch. Is the clutch getting the oil it needs ? Just Swagging it.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
THX I didn't realized it was referring to that post

·
Registered
133 Posts
knight_of_the_road said:
Maybe thats the reason we are all having problems if they arent adjusted on the first service
Who's we? We aren't all having problems with the clutch. There are no adjustments made on the 1st service. Please read the service manual. If you do not have one it would be money well spent. No more guessing - just the facts.Â

G

·
knight_of_the_road said:
Maybe thats the reason we are all having problems if they arent adjusted on the first service
Knight what is the status of your bike I have been trying to follow all of your posts about this problem and have not seen any response from the dealer, since you took it in on the 15th. What is your dealer telling you about when they will have an answer to you on this problem.

TAZ

·
Registered
133 Posts
BearCom said:
I was reading the post about the clutch issue and someone said in a list of things for the dealer to check is make sure the tighten, adjust the clutch bearing. Did search on it and came up empty ? Call me crazy or hell maybe my clutch is starting to act right but I took it for a ride tonight and when I started off clunk 1st-2nd. I was stopped on a hill at a light and when I took off it shifted so sweet I couldn't believe it. It got me thinking about the incline and oil and partial wet clutch. Is the clutch getting the oil it needs ? Just Swagging it.
Someone said???  :dontknow: Here we go again!!  Please review maintanence schedule taken from Suzuki VZR1800 service manual. Nowhere does it say clutch bearing adjustment. It does say to check clutch cable play adjustment.

As I stated early, read the manual. The facts are stated clearly.Â

·
Registered
133 Posts
knight_of_the_road said:
iVE HEARD THAT IT WAS AN ADD ON BULLETIN ABOUT THAT PROBLEM--the dealer isnt at fault--they didnt build or desin the bike
I've heard??? Please publish this bulletin for all to see.

·
Registered
133 Posts
WTF!!! Quote from your Ebay link.
"You are bidding on a used clutch assembly, from a 2006 m109r, The total clutch assembly was replaced under warranty due to minor slippage. The Suzuki Technician said that it wasn't necessary to replace the entire assembly, but they did because of warranty, therefore some of these parts are still good".

Not necessary to replace? This means absolutely nothing. This clutch pack is good enough to be resold. How does this relate to a clutch problem. I believe the problem lies with the dealer / owner.

Heres a fact: When the VZR1800's were introduced in the USA, Suzuki instructed the dealers when they prep'ed the M109R for delivery to check the clutch linkage that the clutch may not have enough free play. I called my dealer and they stated to my face they had in fact followed Suzuki's advise and have yet to hear complaints about a clutch slipping issue. A simple adjustment of the cable under the left side cover (major) or the clutch lever (minor) will correct this. Any competent bike owner who read the Owners Manual on page 7-20 & 7-21 can perform the same adjustment. If the dealer did not check this adjustment then the clutch could experience minor slipping. No service bulletin was issued.

To confirm this please call Suzuki USA.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have had some cluch problems as well---and after reading some of these posts it seems as if he was needlessly attacked when reporting a problem--guess he was diappointed at some of you. I have had slippage and have had to recently adjust the clutch at the bottom of the cable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts