M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im from gold coast australia as not many of these beasts in aussie yet thought you guys best to help . ive done 180 klm on new bike and changing from first to second sounds a bit crunchy to me but dealer says its normal and will get better . im from harley background and though these would be a little better in gear changes ps thanke to your site i got some great feedback on these machines and love it better each time i ride it just wish clunking would go soon lol drew

·
Registered
924 Posts
:welcome:  Don't worry its normal.  I had the same question when I got mine. After your first service switch to synthetic oil and it will shift little better.  Also apply alittle pressure before you shift helps a bit.  Just the charm of the bike. Welcome to the club of the BEAST  :beer3:

G

·
just 1 of the many so called quirks of this bike change to amsoil helps a lot do a search like the others suggested lots of info on this site

·
Registered
101 Posts
Mine doesn't clank anymore but it's not because of a different oil or miles. It's mainly because I start out in 2nd gear most of the time and the bike handles it just fine. When I want to punch it, then I'll start out in 1st and shift very quickly--it never clanks.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
use full synth, take the slack out of the clutch cable. that'll take care of a good portion of it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Mine finally sounds close to "normal" after 6,000 miles, but still feels like a sledge hammer smacking something inside!
I guess, or at least I'm sure, something will show up after the warranty goes out in April. 69er

1 - 8 of 8 Posts