M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm new to this board, and new to the cruiser world. I now have 2 bikes: 2001 TL1000R and my new Suz M109. Both are sweet bikes and I love em both. My question is, is it normal for the transmission to be so clunky? I mean, I expect there to be a difference between the TL and the 109, but this transmission feels like a Mack truck sometimes. It doesnt feel as though anyhting is wrong, and shifts fine, but it sure does make a lot louder noise than any Yamaha or Honda cruiser I've ever ridden. Does everyone elses do this as well? I passed on the extended warranty because of lack of problems from my TL (suzuki makes a fine product). I have logged about 550 miles in the first month I've had it. What a great bike though and I plan on many many miles with it. I just want to make sure I'm not in trouble here.... ~cs

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
A lot of people seem to say the same thing. Mine has gotten a little better after putting 800 miles on it. And I hope when I put synthetic oil in it that it might get even better.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Mine was very loud when I first got it. I now have 1200 miles and it has gotten better. This may be from getting used to this bike.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
khrome13 said:
it's not clunk... it's character :bigthumbsup:

khrome :doorag:
AGREE!! Every bike has its quirks and its own personality. Sometimes people look to see what the clunk is and stare to figure out what the bike is!! :doorag: Love this bike!! :p

·
Registered
10 Posts
My previous bike was a 2001 Suzuki Marauder and it had the same transmission characteristic as the M109R. I think it is just a characterisic of Suzuki Cruisers. I honestly don't really mind the clunk sound. :D

·
Registered
387 Posts
Please correct me if I am shifting wrong. Mine is almost smooth as silk when I pull the clutch lever halfway and up or downshift. On my bike it makes a differance. Clunks mostly when the clutch is pulled all the way in. I have 1300 miles and Amsoil full synthetic. JOHN

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
mine shifts like butter. compared to my bandit 1200, this thing is a dream.

john

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have taken out my buds new 109 and I thought it shifted very smooth....but as alot of these guys that have owned Suzuki before are saying...It's just a Suzuki thing...is right. I have a '03 1500 that is a little clunky but so was may '00 B-12...I just think it's a characteristic of Suzuki....... :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts