M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to work the weekend swing shift yesterday and today. Thought about taking the Jag to work as I haven't driven it in awhile. Glad I didn't, if I had I'd be in the Emergency room tonight.

Coming back home tonight, there is a long straight stretch of road, about a mile long, with a gentle but blind curve right before a stop sign where I need to make a right. Coming up on that curve I drop down to about 45 and hit my signal.

Coming towards me I see 3 sets of headlights....2 sets in their lane and one in mine, right next to the car he was passing! SOB was in such a hurry he had to have started the pass right after he made his turn. NO WAY IN HELL he could have seen if it was clear!

Luckily, that stretch is alittle rough in the left side of the lane, so I was already to the right side. No shoulder to hit, I hit the high-beam, grabbed the brakes, and layed on the Stebel. Missed me by less than a few feet! Jackass never even let off the gas!!!

I'm actually glad a quick set of the shakes set in, else I would have probably spun around and gone after the twit, no tellin' what would have happened then, but knowing me, it wouldn't have been good for either of us. Hopefully he won't be in such a :edit: hurry next time (dought it).

The 9 saved my ass tonight. Like I said, if I'd been in the Jag, it would be totaled and I'd be in the hospital.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Holy shiz man

Happy to hear you're alright bro, I wasn't so lucky. WTF, is this accident season or what. I just read about another one of us who was recently rear ended at a stop light. WTF is wrong with these people now a days anyway? :dontknow:

·
Registered
72 Posts
glad you boy were lucky enuff not to be taken out by f**k wits
we all ride stupid at times but hopfuly not that stupid:doh:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
WTF, is this accident season or what. :dontknow:
YES. YES IT HAS BEEN! :mad:

This has been the worst year for bike accidents I can ever remember. I've never heard of so many people going down or getting hit by cagers in all my life this year.

Lets pray that 2011 is much, much better for everyone! :pray:

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Had to work the weekend swing shift yesterday and today. Thought about taking the Jag to work as I haven't driven it in awhile. Glad I didn't, if I had I'd be in the Emergency room tonight.

Coming back home tonight, there is a long straight stretch of road, about a mile long, with a gentle but blind curve right before a stop sign where I need to make a right. Coming up on that curve I drop down to about 45 and hit my signal.

Coming towards me I see 3 sets of headlights....2 sets in their lane and one in mine, right next to the car he was passing! SOB was in such a hurry he had to have started the pass right after he made his turn. NO WAY IN HELL he could have seen if it was clear!

Luckily, that stretch is alittle rough in the left side of the lane, so I was already to the right side. No shoulder to hit, I hit the high-beam, grabbed the brakes, and layed on the Stebel. Missed me by less than a few feet! Jackass never even let off the gas!!!

I'm actually glad a quick set of the shakes set in, else I would have probably spun around and gone after the twit, no tellin' what would have happened then, but knowing me, it wouldn't have been good for either of us. Hopefully he won't be in such a :edit: hurry next time (dought it).

The 9 saved my ass tonight. Like I said, if I'd been in the Jag, it would be totaled and I'd be in the hospital.
Yet another example of why bikers should be allowed to pack heat!!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Glad everything turned out ok. Great defensive riding by the way. It's getting to the point we need to have 360 degree radar. 8)

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
YES. YES IT HAS BEEN! :mad:

This has been the worst year for bike accidents I can ever remember. I've never heard of so many people going down or getting hit by cagers in all my life this year.

Lets pray that 2011 is much, much better for everyone! :pray:
I agree man. This year has been nuts. I wish I could come up with some way to educate the cagers to pay attention, and not be so damn impatient.

Man.......just get me to GA in one piece. :pray:

·
Registered
595 Posts
You need the Kuryakyn RPG-7 side mount....greatest safety MOD out there in my opinion!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Damn glad to hear you are quick witted on your bike. It would be all too easy to freeze up and panic in a situation like that. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Cool mod bro

Don't forget to clear your back blast area before you fire it. :joke:
You need the Kuryakyn RPG-7 side mount....greatest safety MOD out there in my opinion!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Glad to hear that you are alright bro. I don't understand how people in hawaii can be so darned stupid, especially with all the bikers out there. Just hurry up and get to Georgia

·
Registered
172 Posts
Don't know how I missed this thread bro. Glad the force was with you. Thing is just about everybody is in such a damn hurry now days. Oh, uh is the seat still usable? :D
I lived with him for over a year, not sure he has a pucker factor

·
Registered
57 Posts
Marlboro

Glad you reacted so quickly. I have more close calls here than anywhere in my life. Had an Asian lady pull out in front of me last week on Koapaka St, looked right at me and continued to pull out in front of me while she watched me hit the brakes HARD. I had to dart behind her to miss hitting her side.

You really have to drive defensively here. I can say I never had these issues in South Georgia. You would think with the laid-back attitude here in Hawaii that drives would be laid-back as well... Not the case.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Glad you reacted so quickly. I have more close calls here than anywhere in my life. Had an Asian lady pull out in front of me last week on Koapaka St, looked right at me and continued to pull out in front of me while she watched me hit the brakes HARD. I had to dart behind her to miss hitting her side.

You really have to drive defensively here. I can say I never had these issues in South Georgia. You would think with the laid-back attitude here in Hawaii that drives would be laid-back as well... Not the case.
I have kind of a custom driving style. I call it "Agressive-Defensive". I drive/ride just as crazy as everyone around me, and I expect everyone around to try and kill me! :D

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have kind of a custom driving style. I call it "Agressive-Defensive". I drive/ride just as crazy as everyone around me, and I expect everyone around to try and kill me! :D
Glad you're ok!! I use the same riding philosophy ... I assume I'm invisible and that everyone on the road is trying to kill me. So, I keep myself out of the "kill zone" and hit the throttle to roar through the situation when clear.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts