M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beautiful morning this day in Monroe, NC. I decided to ride the 9 into work. As I got closer into town I was coming up on a mom and pop garden center on the right that sells pine straw, wheat straw, plants etc..I always glance over to see what they have going for the day. When I look back there is an SUV in my lane (head on) turning into the garden center. Woman has no clue that I am about to slam into her. With instinctive reaction, I hear my rear tire screeching as my bike is slowly becoming sideways. Realizing at this point that if she doesn't continue her momentium into their parking lot I will slam into sideways. Thank god she had no clue I was there at this point as she would have probably slammed on her breaks.
I really don't know by how many millimeters I missed her in a sideways slide at 30 mph but I did and thats all that matters at this point.
When I looked back at her she was looking at me so I turned around and met her at her SUV as she rolled her window down. First thing I said was that I appologise for flipping her the bird and that it is usually not my nature but then I unloaded!
All I heard from her during my high pitched rant was "I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry!" I returned with "You could be saying that to my two son's who love me more than anything. There are not a enough bales of pine straw in this world worth what you just did so this is a wake-up call for you mam! It is time for you to start driving like you are not the only person on the road and stop the tunnel vision window shopping from your car like so many others have slowly become complacent with until they kill someone doing so. It's people like you that kill innocent people like me! So, wake the f up!"
Pay attention my fellow riders! That mindless window shopper with the cell phone or notorious text'r will get you!

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Had the same thing happen to me. Line of cars stopped on the other side of the road waiting to pull into the parking lot on my side of the road. I slow knowing that the cars are wanting to go into the parking lot..One car at the end of the line heads for the parking lot at the first entrance. not giving me more then thirty feet to think..Oat tree to my right with no room. I lie the bike down on the high side first and jump off the pegs into her lane. Thus sticking my bike under her international four wheeler and doing a superman fly into her lane...Thank god there was no cars trying to pass her on her right side landing on the road with a slide and roll to get away from her rear tire.

Man i was hot. Got up off the road looking at the woman freaking out thinking i was under her car. As i walk around the front of her car i yell, where was your F head lady? She states that she had a glare in her windshield and could not see.

The good of it is that we walk away learning how to get out of things like this. If you can walk away from it, you did good.

Got a new 08 orange out of it.

Thank god you made it to work.

The more your on the road the more chance of things like this happening. This springs another story about getting out of a tuff one.

The things we go throw to ride a two wheeler.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Except a flat spot on his rear tire and a skid mark in his pants.
Ha Ha! So true!
I was lucky on this one. Some are not. It is a fact that people just do not see motorcycles because they are looking for a car or truck. And geeze....I hate to say it and I will apologise in advance but some women are completely oblivious. My own mother-in-law confessed that she just does not see motorcycles. Scares the hell out of me!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I hate to say it but, you allowed yourself to be distracted. At least some of this fault lies with you. I am not taking her side of it just thatknow how quick situations change and you always have to watch out for these blind cagers. You gotta ride like everyones trying to kill you in areas with traffic.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Nothing's scarier than looking in your mirror while sitting at a light and watching the 20 year old girl talking on her cell while not seeing you.:eek:

Glad it all worked out okay.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
it is usually not my nature but then I unloaded!...............I returned with "You could be saying that to my two son's who love me more than anything. There are not a enough bales of pine straw in this world worth what you just did so this is a wake-up call for you mam! It is time for you to start driving like you are not the only person on the road and stop the tunnel vision window shopping from your car like so many others have slowly become complacent with until they kill someone doing so. It's people like you that kill innocent people like me! So, wake the f up!"
Pay attention my fellow riders! That mindless window shopper with the cell phone or notorious text'r will get you!
:bow:...........:clap2:............:yourock:

You actually got to say what every single one of us wished we had the chance to say to cagers like that over the years that nearly killed us. For that I applaud you sir!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Glad you're here to tell the tale.I witnessed a pretty bad one a year or two ago when a woman pulled into a rider on his new Harley, it was rider going one way his bike and boots another. He survived but had a long recoup time. It certainly made me think when I'm in heavy shopping areas an congested intersections, never take it for granted that someone sees you.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Something must have been in the air this morning. Had a guy Pull out on me and stopped when he saw me. He was on his cell phone. If i wasn't running late for work, I would have turned around and followed him. Needless to say I was pretty pissed!!! :cus:

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Should have hit her up for a new tire

·
Registered
550 Posts
Beautiful morning this day in Monroe, NC. I decided to ride the 9 into work. As I got closer into town I was coming up on a mom and pop garden center on the right that sells pine straw, wheat straw, plants etc..I always glance over to see what they have going for the day. When I look back there is an SUV in my lane (head on) turning into the garden center. Woman has no clue that I am about to slam into her. With instinctive reaction, I hear my rear tire screeching as my bike is slowly becoming sideways. Realizing at this point that if she doesn't continue her momentium into their parking lot I will slam into sideways. Thank god she had no clue I was there at this point as she would have probably slammed on her breaks.
I really don't know by how many millimeters I missed her in a sideways slide at 30 mph but I did and thats all that matters at this point.
When I looked back at her she was looking at me so I turned around and met her at her SUV as she rolled her window down. First thing I said was that I appologise for flipping her the bird and that it is usually not my nature but then I unloaded!
All I heard from her during my high pitched rant was "I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry!" I returned with "You could be saying that to my two son's who love me more than anything. There are not a enough bales of pine straw in this world worth what you just did so this is a wake-up call for you mam! It is time for you to start driving like you are not the only person on the road and stop the tunnel vision window shopping from your car like so many others have slowly become complacent with until they kill someone doing so. It's people like you that kill innocent people like me! So, wake the f up!"
I'm not trying to call you out.... but it seems like there was more than one window shopper here today. You took your eyes off the road not expecting someone to cross over on you, when if you'd been defensively driving... you'd have seen her in time to throw the bird at her as she came over to begin with...

And yeah... been there... done that too. Thats why I miss so much when on 2 wheels...because I don't wanna miss the rest of my life over someone elses being ignorant.

Glad you're ok!! Really, I am!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
53 Posts
:eek: I had something that that happen a few years ago when i lived in utah was going to work driving xs1100 when i had a grandma pull out in front of me i grabed both brakes and slide straight almost right into her i stopped about 2 feet from her and she looked at me like what the heck did you do that for she didnt even look when she pulled out thats what made me mad then i was late for work had to go home and change close:redfaced::redfaced: so now when im out riding i hog my lane and i stay at least a car length and half back from everbody else wife says im crazy but i dont think so :p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts