M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get a clear lens for the brake light? I have looked everywhere that I can think of and still nothing. I think black 109 would look great. what the heck just another mod

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
109chick said:
Does anyone know where I can get a clear lens for the brake light? I have looked everywhere that I can think of and still nothing. I think black 109 would look great. what the heck just another mod
Try this sight.....clearalternatives.com....look under 2004 Suzuki and newer bikes and you'll find clear lenses!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
The 2007 M109R-LE is supposed to have a clear lens on the brake light. I'd give it a couple weeks for the new parts manual for 07's to show up at Oneida and you should be able to order them then.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
clearalternatives is working on an integrated taillight assembly that will
have t/signals and brake/tail all in the stock opening ---nice, i can't wait
to get mine

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
godzuki said:
to get mine
Will have to bookmark them then.. that could clean up the rear of the bike quite nicely! 8)

·
Registered
267 Posts
godzuki said:
to get mine
Do you have direct knowledge about this?

·
Registered
102 Posts
The New Suzuki M109 Limited Edition has Clear lenses, so soon you should be able to order that from Suzuki!

:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
DaltonH said:
I'd give it a couple weeks for the new parts manual for 07's to show up at Oneida
Hahahaha... a couple weeks.. ROTFL. How long has it taken them to get the parts for the 06 in stock? I think many are still waiting for some parts to arrive.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
hehe.. I agree.. but notice I did say parts manual.. not parts... figure those will be available sometime in '08 the way zuki is going.

G

·
That is what i was thinking. The new bike has clear rear lense with red LED's. I would think then that ours has Red lens with clear LEDs. ?????

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Bruno said:
That is what i was thinking. The new bike has clear rear lense with red LED's. I would think then that ours has Red lens with clear LEDs. ?????
LEDs work different than regular bulbs do , as far as how they transfer light and color. I would say that our bike has red LEDs under a red lens otherwise the light would look washed out kinda pinkish. I know all the LED lights on our work trucks are like that, the amber lights have amber lens over amber LEDs and same goes with the red ones(red over red). The red one also have fewer LEDs in the as red LEDS are brighter than than the amber ( red has 3 LEDs and the amber has 6)

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
For a BONEHEAD that sounds Pretty smart :D JK I was wondering the same thing about what they had behind the Lens.

That washed out stuff sounds Correct,I'd like to get one for my Red 109, I think it would Look sharp :bigthumbsup: :doorag: later silentrider

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
ours are red LEDs behind red lenses. Red is the cheapest LED you can buy. usually around 35¢ a piece. white led's are the most expensive, generally around $1.50 to $2.00 per The clear lenses will have to have some sort of diffuser for the red LED's because they would be super bright (blindingly) with out the red lense to disperse the light. We use LED's all the time in the sign industry (my line of work) so i have to learn all about it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts