M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as with any mod there is a stroy behing this one. Anyway I will try to make it short. I WILL NEVER ORDER ANYTHING FROM CRUISER CUSTOMIZING AGAIN 9unleass the price is really good);). Any way after debeavering I decided I wanted to change out the rear signals to something a little more stylish. I bought Arlen Ness speeding bullets whihc are really nice looking, smaller non led bullets, I didn't want to mess with a load equalizer. They arrived quickly and out to the garage I went. I opened the first one and to my surprise not genenric instruction sheet. Well it is a single wire turn signal with a mounting bolt how hard can it be. I go to work and when I go to loosen the hollow mounting bolt it breaks off in th eturn signal housing. I email Cruiser Customizing and get a response that says it was my fault and I am stuck. A little offended so I call and try to explain to the rep to no avail. He tells me these are non bike specific so they don't come with instructions. They don't even offer to try to warranty it. So I tell him I am going to return the other one and I guess just eat the $26.50 I paid. I may dispute the charge and see how that works out. Now I have a choice keep looking on line or go out trun signal hunting. I choose choice B. After 4 hours of seeing nothing I like and or could afford I head to a shop about 15 minutes form my house. Well they are closing down :( and the guy says everything is 50% off or more. I look around and see a couple of things I may be able to make work and he sells me them for $35.00 but they are both led so now I need a load equalizer which means out to the other shops again ro see if I can get one on line. Ebay to the rescue and I got a Show Chrome dual load equalizer for .99 and 5.99 shipping which was an awesome deal. By the way this is a great part and it comes with install parts so you don't even need to cut any wires to install them. It actually has cooling fins and looks like a little car amplifier. I digress but anyway here is the finished product. A was concerned about the brightness but my wife rode behind me yesterday and said there was no problem seeing the light. The turn signals are tiny (not dot approved) and the other led bar mounted right to the license plate bolts and the middle section acts as a combination running light and brake light (I was too lazy to hook up the brake portion) while the two ends are turn signals.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Nice! I had the same idea a couple of months ago. Also added Cobra tach to the handlebars, custom mirrors, gel seat, Cobra FI200r, Cobra chrome oil dip stick and Cobra bungie cord nipples. The 4 plate mounting bolts have red leds in them that come on with the brake light.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts