M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see some can't get the honda spray any more or whatever try misting a rag with lemon pledge then wiping with a clean rag ,to much and it will streek, to littel and it won't clean or shine, good luck

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
I just do it the old fashion way. Wash it with soap and water, dry it with a shammie. Then I take a leaf blower and dry her really good. Then the cleaner wax comes and then the 2-6 coats of wax. It does take a bit of time, but she looks great!

·
Registered
817 Posts
jcopley said:
Try the pledge on a micr-fiber cloth.  :bigthumbsup:

J
Lemon Pledge with a microfiber works well. I used to use this method all the time until the Eagle 1 Nanowax Spray came out. Basically the same results, but the Nanowax lasts a little bit longer on the bike.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
jcopley said:
Try the pledge on a micr-fiber cloth.  :bigthumbsup:

J
Be careful with micro fiber cloths. They are designed to trap dirt and that is why they work so well. They also can scratch the paint since they do such a good job of holding onto dirt. I use pollishing clothes so I don't have to worry about trapped dirt. I am not as concerned as most if it does scratch since I can always reclear it. I use the micro fiber for the frame and wheels but never on chrome or paint.

·
Registered
849 Posts
VTXOAK,
With your painting talent, you are the man in my book as far as cleaning advice. The only problem with that is now I've got 30 or so microfibre cloth, and you're forcing me to go get polishing cloths now. Oh well, I've got a goodly supply of frame wipes.
Jer

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
jerbear said:
VTXOAK,
With your painting talent, you are the man in my book as far as cleaning advice. The only problem with that is now I've got 30 or so microfibre cloth, and you're forcing me to go get polishing cloths now. Oh well, I've got a goodly supply of frame wipes.
Jer
Save yourself some bucks......try terrycloth towels and old tee shirts....when their dirty, just toss them in the washer and dry them in a drier with some fabric softener. I've found nothing better for maintaining a beautiful shine on all my vehicles.

·
Registered
817 Posts
vtxoak said:
Be careful with micro fiber cloths. They are designed to trap dirt and that is why they work so well. They also can scratch the paint since they do such a good job of holding onto dirt.
Yes, this is true... which is why I have about two dozen of them and throw them in the laundry after a couple of uses...

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Wanted said:
Yes, this is true... which is why I have about two dozen of them and throw them in the laundry after a couple of uses...
You are a person of wisdom :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Yeah, make sure you DON"T use the microfiber cloth on a warm exhaust pipe. That cloth melts quick and is a pain in the backside to get off. :D
www.hellrisercustoms.com/oychoppa

·
Registered
133 Posts
HA been there done that!! lesson learned, the hard way. to really bring out the black in the motor find Pig Spit, or Hog snot at your local Harley Dealer or Walmart, really turns the motor into a thing of beauty.

OYChoppa said:
Yeah, make sure you DON"T use the microfiber cloth on a warm exhaust pipe. That cloth melts quick and is a pain in the backside to get off. :D
www.hellrisercustoms.com/oychoppa

·
Registered
343 Posts
SLOPOKE said:
HA been there done that!! lesson learned, the hard way. to really bring out the black in the motor find Pig Spit, or Hog snot at your local Harley Dealer or Walmart, really turns the motor into a thing of beauty.
I've used the pig spit and it works well but the S100 engine bright works better. It comes with a direction tube that slips into the spray button. That way you won't end up with overspray on your chrome. That really sucks! You clean and wax your sled then spray the motor and you've got to repolish the chrome. :mad:

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Great info on micro fiber towels. I thought they were the best ! Now I'll have to go back to good opld fashion terry towels...Thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
The micro-fiber towels really have no more potential to scratch the paint than any other dirty towel. When using them, the key is to use clean towels only and turn frequently. I never use a micro towel more than once before it gets washed. I have used them with sprays, polishes and nothing (dry) for years and have never had one problem... except maybe the blinding shine of streak free paint :joke:

J

1 - 15 of 15 Posts