M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you guys clean your Bike? Anything that you would recommend? I got that Suzuki wash but I was wondering if that is the best or should I get something for the chrome.. I have never had chrome before. I might have a little sunshine this weekend so I want to get out and put some miles on.. Keep your bikes upright!!!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
That wash is fine. spray it on and let sit for a few mins. in the shade. Then spray it off. Take your leaf blower and blow dry the entire bike. This works just as good as one of those expensive bike dryers. Get a spray can of Honda cleaner and polisher,(great stuff) and spray and wipe on paint, chrome, mirrors, and seats if you like. It's about $5 a can from a honda dealer and it won't slow this beast down!!LOL You will be the picture of the highways after this procedure.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
1+ for the Honda spray polish. Best 5 bucks I have spent yet. I have the Cortech sport saddle bags on my bike, and I keep a can of that stuff along with some microfibre cloths. After I ride (or before if needed) I spend a grand total of maybe 10 minutes to bring the bike back to showroom shine. I just spray some on the cloth and rub it in. No need to apply and let haze then wipe off. Just spray and wipe (spraying on the cloth prevents overspray). Perfect for every surface on your bike (not sure I would use in on tires though). It makes short work of removing all the little bugs from the huge headlight and nacelle as well as the mirrors. It even works great on your helmet and faceshield. I have over 1500 miles on my bike and have only had it 4 weeks. It looks factory fresh, and I've only hit it with water and soap once... after riding in the rain.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have been using Pledge Multisurface Cleaner. The stuff works great on the chrome, metal, and plastic parts. Removes bugs and light bits of tar no problem. I have had mine about a month and have never actually used soap and water. A few minutes with a microfiber towel and the cleaner makes the bike look like new everytime. : :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
441 Posts
I use Maguires quick detailer spray it on a rag and wipe . i hardly wash my bike unless it is real dirty. and then in between regular waxing (paste wax) i will use wax as u wash by eagle one that stuff is grate just spray on a rag and no need for wiping it off( no rubbing ). you can also use it after you wash your bike while it is still wet spray it on an then wipe it down when you dry the bike. the 2 products cost around $10.00 . my bike is shiningwhen i am done. :eek: happy cleaning

·
Registered
326 Posts
Any decent car wash solution will work, I just happen to like the Meguiars stuff.

www.meguiars.com

·
Registered
326 Posts
Personally I've never used the Suzuki brand stuff, so I can't speak on it.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I will chime in for the Mr. Clean car wash. spotless wash everytime so long as the filter is good. If you get one ($20) just remember the supplied filter is only good for 3 washes so get a regular filter for it off the shelf. The local walmart cannot keep them stocked they sell so fast but Auto zone carries them and the filters. Any good car wash soap will work in the Mr. Clean and is cheaper in the large bottles. I will wash then ride to get the hidden water off then wax. I just started using the Eagle Nano wax in a spray bottle and it works very well. I will say that in between washes the Pledge spray wax works great on paint/chrome/plexi glass and pretty much does the job of the Honda spray the used to sell. The Honda owners sites all recommend pledge.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I dont know if you get this in the States but I use Mr. Sheen the furniture cleaner spray it on and wipe it off absolutely sparkles and doest attract the dust particles floating in the air it seems to work damn well on mine and i used it for 4 years on my show Busa without any probs

1 - 11 of 11 Posts