M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my recent trip to Deals Gap I met a doctor who cleaned everyones bike off one morning. He sprayed this solution onto the windshields and "presto" the bugs came right off. When I asked him what he was using he said it was a 50/50 mixture of hydrogen peroxide and water. Food for thought and it's inexpersive too.

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
Bug clean up

:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup: will give it a try next spring...I think we are done with the bugs for this season:verymad:Its cooling down fast...

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
On my recent trip to Deals Gap I met a doctor who cleaned everyones bike off one morning. He sprayed this solution onto the windshields and "presto" the bugs came right off. When I asked him what he was using he said it was a 50/50 mixture of hydrogen peroxide and water. Food for thought and it's inexpersive too.
TBAR, does that solution dull the finish of the paint, or strip wax and polishers off of the bike as it cleans off the bugs? If it doesn't that is a great and inexpensive way to clean it up. I recently tried the LUCAS QUICK MIST DETAILER, and I am so amazed at what it does to the bike. I don't think I will ever put water on my bike again. My bike was filthy from bugs, dust, and road grime a couple of weeks ago, and I used the LUCAS QUICK MIST for the first time. I used it on every square inch of the bike from headlight to taillight, and the results were unbelievable. Not to mention, I cleaned the entire bike within 1 hour. It looked like it had been detailed professionally and was prepared for a bike show. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No it's perfectly safe

The doctor in question said that Hydrogen Peroxide is only damaging to organic matter (bugs).

TBAR, does that solution dull the finish of the paint, or strip wax and polishers off of the bike as it cleans off the bugs? If it doesn't that is a great and inexpensive way to clean it up. I recently tried the LUCAS QUICK MIST DETAILER, and I am so amazed at what it does to the bike. I don't think I will ever put water on my bike again. My was filthy from bugs, dust, and road grime a couple of weeks ago, and I used the LUCAS QUICK MIST for the first time. I used it on every square inch of the bike from headlight to taillight, and the results were unbelievable. Not to mention, I cleaned the entire bike within 1 hour. It looked like it had been detailed professionally and was prepared for a bike show. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
I just use hot water on a clean rag, then wipe it off with a clean towel or chamois to dry. Works for me on the bike, truck, helmet, etc. If on a trip cold water works just as well.

I am not using hydrogen peroxide on my waxed finish.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Do you want a simple, cheap and easy way to remove bugs? Try a fabric softner drier sheet, sounds crazy I know but it works. Here in Florida we have love bugs twice a year for about 3 - 4 weeks each time and then there gone but during that time a drier sheet and water is all you need. It will strip the wax but it's easier to wax then it is to scrub bugs. Try it I promise you will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
So how do you get the SNOW off the bike? :joke:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,869 Posts
I use the vinegar flavor Windex on chrome, and Lucas Quick Mist on the rest of the bike. I like the Lucas because it doesn't leave spots on the plastic parts and other parts on the engine.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I read on another forum about Plexus ($22 a bottle) and there were guys that said Pledge was nearly as good this high dollar cleaner. I picked up some orange Pledge and I use it all the time on my helmet shields and my bike. It works great and doesn't leave any residue. I used it to clean the bugs off my bike and they just wiped away without even scrubbing.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
I like to use these products.

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
I use the vinegar flavor Windex on chrome, and Lucas Quick Mist on the rest of the bike. I like the Lucas because it doesn't leave spots on the plastic parts and other parts on the engine.
Cool ZOOM :bigthumbsup: I noticed also that by using the LUCAS QUICK MIST on all the chrome parts including the wheels, bugs and other debris just wipe right off. It puts some sort of protective coating on the surface, so things don't actually stick to them. I just spray some of the LUCAS product on to a microfiber cloth and just wipe it down. It gives even the chrome parts a show room finish.

BCRUZN

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
The only thing I ever use to clean my bike is water and micro fiber cloths. The only time I use anything else is if I get caught riding in the rain and the bike just gets absolutely filthy with road grime. Then I'll get out the hose, the bucket, and some car wash detergent. Water and micro fiber takes off bugs just fine....

·
Registered
232 Posts
Amonia Free Windex works great for me. Won't strip the wax and leaves no residue or streaks or spots on chromed metal or plastic. Cheap and I can find it everywhere. Ride safe & clean. 8)

·
Banned
15,179 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts