M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me how to get the black that gets on your hands when riding with Kuryakyn grips to come off of the grips and how to keep them off? any suggestions besides just buying new ones?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"wear gloves" ???

First of all, thanks for replying. But wearing gloves just mask the problem. During the heat of the summer, I wear half finger gloves, so I will have half black hands. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Ride Alot! It stops coming off on your hands after a few thousand miles, at least it did for me.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Honestly... Not really bro. The rubber acts like a sponge, and collects the dirt, which rubs off on your hands. I can't think of anything that will make it better. If you come up with something, let us know. I've had my grips for 2 riding seasons, and my hands are black as well. Especially on hot days.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I've had iso grips for the last two years, and I never wore gloves and I never had black hands. And the only time I washed my grips were when I washed my bike. I washed my bike with McGuires Gold Class car wash and a micro fiber mit. Treated my grips like any other part of the bike when washing it.

But I no longer have the iso grips, they were pitting really bad after two riding seasons

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
I didn't even know they had a problem like this....I always wear full fingered gloves....like to protect what I have left of this old body :confused:

·
Registered
198 Posts
i have had iso grips for a while and never have had this issue either...

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I usually practice safe riding and put condoms over the grips!:bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,091 Posts
I've tried every cleaner I can think of on mine and nothing helps for very long. A friend of mine said the black was actually dye from black gloves, but I think it's the grips themselves. I have a new pair of natural tanned leather gloves but I don't want to ruin them, so my solution is to go to solid metal grips.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
I usually practice safe riding and put condoms over the grips!:bigthumbsup:
not that is funny right there. :clap2::clap2:

Ride Alot! It stops coming off on your hands after a few thousand miles, at least it did for me.
i noticed my hands had black marks on them after my first ride with the ISO grips installed. i took some dawn dishwashing liquid and made some soapy water in a bucket and washed the grips off really well, but only on the rubber parts not the whole entire grips. i dried them off really well and repeated the process. i then wiped them down with some pro honda spray polish. i have never had any form of black smudging or spotting after that, even on hot days of long riding. hope that helps some of you out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts