M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i gotta prob. me and my wife were riding yesterday and she rested her shoe on my exhaust, now there is a pile of black goo stuck on my exhaust!!. how do I get it off?what is the best cleaner, its was like 102 degrees here plus we did about 200 miles so there is a pretty good amount on there. any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had a bit of saddlebag nylon rest on my pipe one time. I rode again until the pipes were hot, which heated the burnt nylon and then it wiped right off.

G

·
Semi-chrome is awesome or Never Dull. NeverDull is a wadding compound. SemiChrome is usually available at most bike shops and some auto supply shops. Semi chrome is awesome stuff, but the Never Dull will most likely deal with it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info, i just about killed my wife...then i remembered i didnt want to go back to jail

·
Registered
600 Posts
... BACK to jail? :eek: Do tell :pop:
BTW - I've used Turtle Wax Chrome Polish the couple of times the missus has left heel juice on the pipes and it lifted it off with no problem. LOL @ "shoe gone" :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well last time i was in jail was because of my audi tt. good ol mustang wanted some german roadster.he didnt know i was pushing 300+ horse. needless to say i spanked him a new one. just the cop followed me and not the mustang..thats what you get when they clock you at 135 in a 45. lost my license, took my car. boy was my lawyer happy though 4k to get everything back and 30 days license suspension, they got me on pre-arranged racing 12 points. that was fun,

·
Registered
898 Posts
stoopid311 said:
i just about killed my wife...then i remembered i didnt want to go back to jail
hmmm looks like someone did'nt like bubba the first time around :joke:

never dull is some good stuff we used it by the case in the navy for polishing brass... i think like has been said... get it hot, wipe off the bulk then there are several different things that work... for me on chrome I use turtle wax brand chrome polish 1. it's cheap and 2. it works good... just remember to let them cool before using most of the cleaners

khrome

·
Registered
190 Posts
I've had this problem on several occassions, not just on my 109! Have always used NeverDull. You need to put some muscle into it, but its never failed me :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
317 Posts
stoopid311 said:
ok, i gotta prob. me and my wife were riding yesterday and she rested her shoe on my exhaust, now there is a pile of black goo stuck on my exhaust!!. how do I get it off?what is the best cleaner, its was like 102 degrees here plus we did about 200 miles so there is a pretty good amount on there. any help would be greatly appreciated
i had a girlfriend that mucked up my pipe with her shoe. somehow it was my fault.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Try Easy Off Oven Cleaner. I have used it several times and it works well. Spray it on while the pipes are hot and wipe the cleaner and the shoe rubber of just a few seconds after you spray it on.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
stoopid311 said:
Well I've had the same problem and a lot of the suggestions you are getting don't work too well (or at least they didn't for me) so I got the pipes really hot then used some Easy-Off Oven Cleaner. Then maybe follow up with some Simichrome. Works like a charm. ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Never dull.Should be called scratch all.Dont use it.Find the stuff in a black plastic jar-called luster.Its yellow cloth.Great stuff,I use it on all bikes that ive freshly polished.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts