M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I found a chroming facility in philadelphia. Frankford chrome. Does anyone know anything about this company. I plan to send in my wheels hopefully by next week. His price seemed to be reasonable. Also I was going to take off the wheels using the 109 Manual instructions. Should I take the wheels to a dealer to remove the tire or is like we used to do as kids with our bikes? ???

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Check with jerry first > does great work . wheels come off easy but I have never tried to remove the tires myself > hope this helps

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are they in ga? Do you know there website name?

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Check with jerry first > does great work . wheels come off easy but I have never tried to remove the tires myself > hope this helps
Not sure if Jerry is doing wheels any more of not. If you go to his website, chrome wheels are "out of stock" and have been so for weeks now.

Another option that many of us have used is Simmons Motorworks here in Georgia. I have never heard a single bad thing about him or his work. I have even referred some classic car owners to him and they were impressed with his work as well.

http://www.simmonsmotorworks.com/page/page/1965009.htm

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I have had work done by Jerry. You can't go wrong with him. Where is that chroming place located? And, I would have a dealer remove your tires.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are on orthodox st in philadelphia. Frankford plating. I'm a little leary becauce in the website none of the tabs are working ie: gallery,contact us,about the company etc. I spoke to the dealer and they can remove the tires and bearings for $55 which doesn't sound bad.I'll check jerry's next.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Spoke with jerry and he isn't doing wheels anymore. But he said he would get back to me with someone that might be able to help. I also spoke with the fella at simmon and he broke it down for me. So I'll start getting the wheels off for now and make a decision

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
They are on orthodox st in philadelphia. Frankford plating. I'm a little leary becauce in the website none of the tabs are working ie: gallery,contact us,about the company etc. I spoke to the dealer and they can remove the tires and bearings for $55 which doesn't sound bad.I'll check jerry's next.
I have heard of that place before. Someone said that they did some work for them and that work was good. If you want, I can go by there and check them out since I'm in the city. Let me know.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey that would be nice. If it's not out of your way I would appreciate it thanks:bigthumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts