Just need the info to compare the pricing i'll be getting shortly

Thanks

·
Registered
16,260 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
A friend that I ride with is getting a set of aftermarket wheels next week. He has a set of chrome stockers on his bike now that he will be selling as soon as the new ones come in. PM me if you are interested.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Check out my thread called F Y I chrome wheels

·
Registered
468 Posts
I spoke with the folks that did ElectroShockRhino's wheels, California Chroming, and they are a little more right now. They are about $525 (if I remember correctly) including shipping, which is still almost $300 less. BTW ElectroShockRhino said his wheels look great a year later.

Liz

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
I spoke with the folks that did ElectroShockRhino's wheels, California Chroming, and they are a little more right now. They are about $525 (if I remember correctly) including shipping, which is still almost $300 less. BTW ElectroShockRhino said his wheels look great a year later.

Liz
Well you figure that you have to pay for Liquidpain or Simmons to ship, so that is another $50 on top of the $800 tag. Glad to hear his rims are looking good as I was curious to see how they would hold up.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
A friend that I ride with is getting a set of aftermarket wheels next week. He has a set of chrome stockers on his bike now that he will be selling as soon as the new ones come in. PM me if you are interested.
Hello swatcop, If dd is not interested in your friends wheels I would be,PM me if that happens,thanks

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks but i'd rather have my rims Chromed &
I Would'nt have to try to sell my rims and probably pay an Arm & a leg for transport

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
Chroming

dd did you find someone local to chrome your wheels?I'm not having much luck finding anyone in Ontario,witch I find hard to believe:dontknow:Will keep looking,but would consider la belle provance......shipping to states and back is a little steep!!:eek:

·
Registered
6,293 Posts

Liz
That's a very good price. Do you know if that price includes bearings, and do you know any details about their warranty? Thanks.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Go to my thread FYI chrome rims, I have a link to the website there. And no, the wheels must go down there completely stripped ( no bearings, seals, weights, nothing..) I got the bearings at a local store for 5$ a peice ( there are five bearings ) Definately order some dyna beads ( 5oz I think was like 9$ ) If you have never installed bearings I dont recomed that you do this, mailnly because your life is riding on those bearings, I believe the local Suzuki shop was going to charge me an hour (55 ish dollers) to install bearings. Shipping from texas to cali was 60$

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
dd did you find someone local to chrome your wheels?I'm not having much luck finding anyone in Ontario,witch I find hard to believe:dontknow:Will keep looking,but would consider la belle provance......shipping to states and back is a little steep!!:eek:
Stav, apparently there is a chromer in PQ that all the harley dealers use and that past members here have used. Wouldn't know the name, but a harley dealer could probably tell you. I expect that its not cheap.

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
chroming

Thanks Chris

Will look into it.....i'm sure its not cheap,but you would think it's got to be cheaper than the US+double shipping price

Hows the sunburn and hangover?;)

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Found one in Longueuil whick is about 10km from montreal
& a couple of my friends say that they are very good
but i'm waiting for their quote & lead time
i'll give you their coordinates next week (At work right now & off for the weekend)

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
Found one in Longueuil whick is about 10km from montreal
& a couple of my friends say that they are very good
but i'm waiting for their quote & lead time
i'll give you their coordinates next week (At work right now & off for the weekend)
Thanks dd

Found a place here in concord thats supposed to be very good but are very pricey....Shipping to US all of a sudden doesn't seem so pricey now...let me know how you make out on price

Thanks Stav

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
chroming in concord

Dennis,hows it going bro

The place in concord is called The Plating House.... It has a good reputation for quality work...Im gonna drop in and check them out one day next week since they are so close to me and see what they are all about...Some Harley guys recommended them,but warned me that they are not cheap,but raved about quality and service...They are located at 116 Viceroy in Concord...905 532 0978 or 416 661 3964...They do have a website you can check out...will let you know when i get a feel for there work...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts