M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone chromed out their drive shaft cover yet and if they did is it a big problem with disassembling the drive shaft?

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Does'nt  zuki sell a cover for like $55? I might be wrong on price, it might look not as slick, but way easier.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went to suzuki yesterday, they told me they don't sell a cover. if u hear or know different let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Yes Suzuki does sell a chrome drive shaft tube cover.
Also the driveshaft tube is part of the swingarm , which means you would be chroming the whole thing and that means complete disassembling the entire rear suspension :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
if you aren't chroming your wheels, the shaft cover looks pretty good (i have one on my bike). if you are chroming your wheels, you'll probably want to take the swingarm off while you're at it and have it chromed as well as the hub. if ya don't, it just looks dorky.

my 2 cents

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Bonehead said it best,all i could add is some people have said that the chrome cover for the C-90 will fit, that it's the same cover! Well it will fit But it's about 3 inches shorter than the one made for the 109.so don't waste your time with the C-90 cover order the correct one the one for the 109 :bigthumbsup: later Silentrider

They Had both of these covers at my dealer I held them side by side thats how i now it's shorter :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
448 Posts
I got the C90 cover on my bike, it fits OK and the stealer had it in stock, at the old price ;), here's a pic of it

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
This past week I saw Stonemans bike in person and he had his hub painted the same as the bike. I think that is the answer with chrome wheels. I dont think his were chromed but it would be great.
Chrome cover on the drive shaft/body colored hub/chrome wheel!!!

Sledzep

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Thats his disc lock/alarm on a bracket he made himself hanging there :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
169 Posts
looks like a black rim though, or at least a black centre eh? Looks sweet :bigthumbsup:
Damn, another time comsuming mod to plan..... ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.