M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone chromed the front forks . the reason I'm asking is I'm putting some fat fork tube cover over the top of the fork. but can't figure out how the bottom piece is going to get chromed. the bottom piece as far as i know is pressed on and cant be removed for chroming. can they chrome it with out screwing up the fork tube finish. new at this so any help would be nice.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
big john or one of the members is doing chrome fork covers but you will have to do a search to make sure thats what you want. the whole outer fork tubes can be chromed but it would require complete disassembly of the fork tube internals.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
If they are like the VTX and I'm pretty sure they are you can just take them apart and put a little heat on them and unscrew them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey lamonster so the bottom of the forks were the fender hooks to just unscrews from the tube i thought they where pressed on. i seen a bike over on the pic page and he had chromed the fork with out the fat fork covers but i just could not figure out how he chromed the bottom of the forks. do you know what twist is left or right ??

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
thumper said:
hey lamonster so the bottom of the forks were the fender hooks to just unscrews from the tube i thought they where pressed on. i seen a bike over on the pic page and he had chromed the fork with out the fat fork covers but i just could not figure out how he chromed the bottom of the forks. do you know what twist is left or right ??
I'm pretty sure is was right and they do have locktight on them so you need to put some heat to them and you do have to completely disassemble them too. ::)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so i have to take the forks all the way apart to just get the end of them off. i found the thread i was referring to it's new paint ++chrome blue 109 with chrome wheels .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts