M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to chrome a set of stock wheels? If so, what kind of preperation do I need to do prior to doing it and what kind of company would I look for in the phone book that does it? Thanks in advance for any help. Wills.

·
Registered
263 Posts
You can have just about anything in this world chromed. Stock wheel can definitaly be done, Most chrome shops want the rims or any parts for that matter dissasembled completely, such as tires, bearings, valve stems, ect ect. But check with liquid pain iv'e heard nothing but good things about him and he offers a exchange program so theres less down time without your parts.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Call Jerry Duvall (aka Liquidpain). His info can be obtained from this site:
www.moreschimotorsports.com

He is a co-sponsor of this site and has chromed a variety of parts for a good portion of the members of this board, including me.

He does great work. Has fast turn around time. And above all, he is a stand up guy to do business with.

You won't be disappointed. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Alloy is harder to get a better "take" on the chrome than steel, some platers wont touch alloy, others will, but the finish wont be that good, so only go with a reputable company that knows about chrome plating alloy :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Call Jerry Duvall (aka Liquidpain). His info can be obtained from this site:
www.moreschimotorsports.com

He is a co-sponsor of this site and has chromed a variety of parts for a good portion of the members of this board, including me.

He does great work. Has fast turn around time. And above all, he is a stand up guy to do business with.

You won't be disappointed. :bigthumbsup:
:agree: you can't go wrong with Jerry

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Hey Ghost, did you get yours done through Jerry ??? :dontknow:

Just trying to keep th Pearl White M's reputation up and running !!!!!!

crossq
No, a bought mine from the dealer (before I knew about Jerry or the forum). I just put some new rims on a month ago. My stock chrome wheels are actually for sale. If I don't hear from the first guy who wanted them, they will be up for grabs.
Good luck with your mods:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
960 Posts
No, a bought mine from the dealer (before I knew about Jerry or the forum). I just put some new rims on a month ago. My stock chrome wheels are actually for sale. If I don't hear from the first guy who wanted them, they will be up for grabs.
Good luck with your mods:bigthumbsup:
Color me interested!:D

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hi All,
New to the world of 9's just getting a 2010 a few months ago. I'm guessing this is a long shot but it's worth a try for my 9.

Anyone know where to get chrome wheels from in Australia or that ship to Australia?

Cheers

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Hi All,
New to the world of 9's just getting a 2010 a few months ago. I'm guessing this is a long shot but it's worth a try for my 9.

Anyone know where to get chrome wheels from in Australia or that ship to Australia?

Cheers
hopefully a few of the aussie members will chime in soon. but you might want to PM liquidpain and ask if he would be willing to ship out by you.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Liquid Pain did not have any so I am getting mine from Chip Simmons from Simmons motor works this week along with a hub. He is also an outstanding guy to deal with.

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
I am sending a stock rear out to be widened in the next couple of months. Then it will be sent out to be chromed. Is there anyone who sells a 10" wide, stock style rear rim? I have been told that DLP had them, but I have never been able to find them on the site.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Liquid Pain did not have any so I am getting mine from Chip Simmons from Simmons motor works this week along with a hub. He is also an outstanding guy to deal with.
:agree: Had mine for 3 years now and they still look great! :super:8)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts