M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever chromed a wind shield in any type of material (spray, film, chroming process)? was thinking of doing mine, and thought I would use film to see if I like it knowing it probly wont stand up to the weather as it is intended for interior use>

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
ive seen them chromed on lots of show busa's but never a 9. try it, you can always pull the film off but it will give you a cheap sneak peak to see if you like it. good luck

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,870 Posts
If you want to try it with film, go to a sign shop and get some. They have good quality peal and stick film that will last outdoors.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Has anyone ever chromed a wind shield in any type of material (spray, film, chroming process)? was thinking of doing mine, and thought I would use film to see if I like it knowing it probly wont stand up to the weather as it is intended for interior use>
Funny you should ask this as i have been thinking of doing this myself just not quite ready to take that leap but it is on my mind maybe the sticker thing would work just to get an idea of how it will look!! Keep us posted

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good idea zoom, was on the freedom ride yesterday and saw a bike that had an outdoor graphics sunscreen like on the back of trucks. This was applied to the inside of the wind shield but showed on the front, with the back being blacked out. It wos a military them and was very cool. Im going to do a search online for somthing like that if not to the sign shop I'll go this week.

Ps there were only 3 (9') out of maybe 1000 or so bikes nice to meet you davey and Oh was priceless whatching all the harley owners faces as hundreds came up to take pictures.

·
Registered
853 Posts
they have the reflective tint, a tint shop down the road has silver(chrome) windows, and are reflective, but when you are in the building looking out it just looks like a tinted window.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats what my orginal thought was of doing Jon but was conserned being out in the weather. as this is intended for glass and inside applications. and if it was not working out then the shield would be ruined trying to take off the film.

·
Registered
853 Posts
well if they tint the inside of the windshield then I think you will be fine for a while, a little water shouldnt hurt it. They may have special tint for that because my buddy has reflective red tint on his moomba wakeboard boat, and it gets beat down on by the sun and water on it all the time.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
the vinyl from a sign shop like Zoom mentioned will probably be your best best.

·
Registered
7 Posts
chromed

Spectra-chrome is the ticket if you can find a pain shop that has the equipment. run a search on the web to find the site.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts