M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who have chrome wheels, did you chrome the rear hub also? If so, was it much trouble and if not, Does it look ok without being chromed next to the chrome wheel? I saw a poster of Sammy Hagars custom 109, a lot of chrome on the drive unit with the cover removed. If anyone has seen this poster and knows what kind of boards are on his bike, jump in! I like the idea of having boards again. I didn't like the paint scheme so well. I have seen a Black Cherry that was beautiful and will probably go that direction.

Doc

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hello, I have not chromed any stock wheels but I do manufacture new wheels that fit the 109 in about 50 different patterns. They fit as exact stock replacements and make the stock wheels look like hammered cow pies. To answer your question, yes it will be a pain getting the Diff chromed as it will inevitably blow critical tollerances on the inside of the piece. Proper masking to block the chrome is difficult to accomplish as most chrome shops are cosmetically oriented and not technically oriented. Yes, the stock finish on the pumpkin looks like ass next to a finely polished or chromed rear wheel. My best advise is to have the housing painted to match body color of your particular machine.

Greg

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
That sounds like good advice on the painting of the hub! the bike they show at deals gap with the hub painted Red like the bike looks pretty good,It's the post -Laying over at the dragon or deals gap can't remember right now!

EGO TRIP do you have a Site address to see these rims , or is it the same site that Hal said they would be carrying? the one with the Phantom hub?

You could save us all a little time if you mention a Product try to include the site address! cause you know thats going to be the next question Thanks Silentrider

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
I painted the diff on my VTX PSP and I'll paint the diff on my 109 too but there have been plenty of guys that have chromed them or polished them. It's not that big of a deal if you take it to the right person. :doorag:

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
All that bike needs is the chrome shaft cover,for a more finished look,and I'm guessing a caliper cover on the other side,I Want to do that this winter But I need to pay off all the stuff on the card from direct Line first :D :D :D later silentrider

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Lamonster said:
I painted the diff on my VTX PSP and I'll paint the diff on my 109 too but there have been plenty of guys that have chromed them or polished them. It's not that big of a deal if you take it to the right person. :doorag:

Lamont,

Nice VTX, what kind of seat and rear fender is that ? The seat looks MUCH more comfortable than stock.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
M109LOVER said:
Lamont,

Nice VTX, what kind of seat and rear fender is that ? The seat looks MUCH more comfortable than stock.
The seat sucks big time is you plan on doing anything over 150 miles or so. :verymad: The seat and fender is a SumoX.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
J R said:
Really cool scoot Lamont :doorag:
That was my first test run after I cut the neck and raked it out. I ran it to about 120+ that day to see if I got the rake and trail right and it was perfect. :doorag:

This is what I started with. I just gone done with the custom softail in this picture and was getting ready to cut the neck and rake it. :eek:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks for the compliments on the wheel styles. I am hoping to finalize a marketing agreement with partslinedirect soon. I will refrain from quoting pricing or taking orders as I wish to respect the integrity of the relationship which we are actively developing. I will say that I am a huge fan of the 109 and intend to provide many cool custom parts to enhance the aesthitic of the bike as a whole while maintaining the feel of the original styling. Please contact LaMonster for more details regarding availability of our line as he will likely be point man on this. In the mean time please ask LaMonster for the link to our site to peruse our current wheel style offerings.

Many of the patterns we produce are very light and meant for performance enthusiasts. Some of the patterns are designed with looks and image as primary goals. A seat for every saddle!!!

Yes, you did see our work on Brad Ruell's red C90 custom at the Suziki display at the speedway in Daytona this last weekend. We are also on 13 of the 24 bikes built for the upcomming Metric Revolution TV show, 3 of which placed 1st, 2nd and 4th at the Boardwalk custom show and the Rats Hole custom show on friday and saturday. Metrics beat V-Twins in the overall standings for the first time in history. A clean sweep. We have arrived and the old guard is on the way out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Big OOPPSSS! I meant DirectLineParts.com So sorry to mis-type. I just had a great conversation with LaMonster and my head is floating. No disrespect intended.

Greg

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
EgoTripp said:
Thanks for the compliments on the wheel styles. I am hoping to finalize a marketing agreement with partslinedirect soon. I will refrain from quoting pricing or taking orders as I wish to respect the integrity of the relationship which we are actively developing. I will say that I am a huge fan of the 109 and intend to provide many cool custom parts to enhance the aesthitic of the bike as a whole while maintaining the feel of the original styling. Please contact LaMonster for more details regarding availability of our line as he will likely be point man on this. In the mean time please ask LaMonster for the link to our site to peruse our current wheel style offerings.

Many of the patterns we produce are very light and meant for performance enthusiasts. Some of the patterns are designed with looks and image as primary goals. A seat for every saddle!!!

Yes, you did see our work on Brad Ruell's red C90 custom at the Suziki display at the speedway in Daytona this last weekend. We are also on 13 of the 24 bikes built for the upcomming Metric Revolution TV show, 3 of which placed 1st, 2nd and 4th at the Boardwalk custom show and the Rats Hole custom show on friday and saturday. Metrics beat V-Twins in the overall standings for the first time in history. A clean sweep. We have arrived and the old guard is on the way out.
I'm sure we will be seeing a lot of very cool things comming out of your company. :bigthumbsup: It was good chating with you but get back to work on those parts! ;) http://www.egotrippwheels.com/

·
Registered
890 Posts
Lamont...Hal...You guys just keep the good stuff rolling in don't ya? :welcome: Nice to have you aboard Mr. Egotripp!!!! :bigthumbsup:

Devilish

1 - 17 of 17 Posts