M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about purchasing the one piece Sumo X tube covers and want to see what other members are doing with the lower exposed fork area that holds the brakes. My thoughts are: polishing, painting or the plastic cover that DLP sells. Any pictures or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Well I live in snellville let me know when loll.
I will be glad to....no kidding. My only requirement is that you show up to a few group rides first. :bigthumbsup::doorag:

Also, I am a little bit low on a couple grits of sandpaper that we will need. If you supply the materials, I will be more than willing to help you.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Those polished tubes look great! One question however . . . Is there any special maintenance involved in keeping them looking like that or are they like chrome where regular cleaning and polishing is all that in needed? I had my derby cover polished and was told that the finish would dull over time and may need to eventually be touched up with another polishing.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I will be glad to....no kidding. My only requirement is that you show up to a few group rides first. :bigthumbsup::doorag:

Also, I am a little bit low on a couple grits of sandpaper that we will need. If you supply the materials, I will be more than willing to help you.
Right on man! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
I painted mine body color along with the calipers as well.. :bigthumbsup:
:agree:. I think that is the best way to go, and it is a good contrast with the crome fork covers. I have the Chrome Sumo-X Fat Fork Tube Covers, and I am going to have the lower fork pieces powdercoated black to match the color of my 9. It looks even better when the wheels are chromed also.

Good Luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts