M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I was thinking... I"ve got the sideburner pipe and have just not gotten around to using a really neat support bracket to support it that a local guy sold me... I still have the big black bracket that was there supporting the OEM exhaust...

Has anyone had that thing chromed? What's it look like? and would you recommend it?

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
I still think it would be ugly/obtrusive....it would just be shiney!

I think cutting it down to the minimal amount needed would be the best way to go......hide that sucker, don't draw attention to it.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I powdercoated mine white and it stuck out like a dog scrubbing his ass across the carpet ---
Everyone C's it not everone smiles

I made my own bracket very simple.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not quite the effect I was looking for...
I'm thinking I'll just remove it... it will kinda sort of take away from the bright shiny sideburner pipe if it is chromed....

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Hey Phat , You Can make it your self , Find a Metal Distributor in your area and Get some 6061 Aluminum Stock 1/4 inch thick about 8 by 5 inches and get some card board and cut out a Template and go form there, this Particular aluminum Polishes up very good

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
i've had it chromed and it looks great. however it will look different with a sideburner because more of it is exposed but that is even more of a reason to get it chromed. jerry did mine and it came out great.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
i've had it chromed and it looks great. however it will look different with a sideburner because more of it is exposed but that is even more of a reason to get it chromed. jerry did mine and it came out great.
can you post some pic's plz

1 - 9 of 9 Posts