M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys so here is my question
I called the dealership today to see about chroming my wheels and they said they had a set and if I came by Tom they would swap them mount and balance the tires and put new bearings for $1100.00. Is that a good price???

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
The wheels cost around $800 or so. Most shops are going to charge at least 1 hour of labor for the swap out (probably 2 hours). Hourly rates vary but I'd say $80 ish. So I'd say about $1000 would be "reasonable". You can save some money by purchasing balancing beads and doing that yourself.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
you did say SWAP WTF are they crazy talk to liquidpane (probley not spelled right) or I got mine done by a local shop in 4 weeks or so for 650 including break down and reassemble and remounting and balance. ????

·
Registered
93 Posts
Wheels

Got mine at Liquid Pain = $800 plus shipping plus mounting. Use Dyno Beads so they don't ruin the surface with weight balance.

·
Registered
381 Posts
If all goes well.. i will be sending my rims to liquidpain this winter...along with my hub and swing arm (M90). I have heard nothing but great things about his work and his customer service skills. Not to mention his prices are not overboard.

For that dealer price... you might want to ask how long the chrome is guaranteed for? If i was paying that much i would want atleast a 5yr warranty/guarantee against pitting/flaking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts