M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just finished installing my chrome Rivco risers.
They feel great, (I am 6-2), and they look great. The Rivco risers in my opinion look much better than the aluminum stock risers.
It was not a quick bolting job as it initially appears. The re-routing of the clutch cable and the dismantling and re-installing of the throttle housing is what took the time. But it was worth it.

Best Wishes.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
:bigthumbsup:
They feel great, (I am 6-2), and they look great. The Rivco risers in my opinion look much better than the aluminum stock risers.
It was not a quick bolting job as it initially appears. The re-routing of the clutch cable and the dismantling and re-installing of the throttle housing is what took the time. But it was worth it.

Best Wishes.
Did you go witht the 2 inch riser? did you get longer cables if so which one?Pics?:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
:bigthumbsup:

Did you go witht the 2 inch riser? did you get longer cables if so which one?Pics?:bigthumbsup:
Sounds like he just re-routed them.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have the Rivco's 2inch on mine,all you have to do is re-rout the cables ...Like Tony Said There Grrrrreat!:D

·
Registered
4,123 Posts

Best Wishes.
They are Very nice if you are a Tall Guy , ,have you had a chance to take a ride with them yet ?
I see you are in B.C. Aint it COLD UP THERE ?!?!?:doorag:

·
Registered
947 Posts
Pics pics pics :) I'm going back and forth on what risers to get. I'm only 5'7" so I need something that makes the reach a little shorter.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I just installed the same risers on mine too. I love them, the ride is so much more comfortable. The only thing that I had to do as far as my cables was that I had to unbolt the mounting block behind the headlight that holds the front brake T-block that is mounted to the top triple tree.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I just installed the same risers on mine too. I love them, the ride is so much more comfortable. The only thing that I had to do as far as my cables was that I had to unbolt the mounting block behind the headlight that holds the front brake T-block that is mounted to the top triple tree.
I think the op has the factory cables, yours appear to be the plus three. on a side note I will be installing my 3 inch riser extensions soon so all this info is good stuff. thanks guys for posting.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I think the op has the factory cables, yours appear to be the plus three. on a side note I will be installing my 3 inch riser extensions soon so all this info is good stuff. thanks guys for posting.
I ordered all stock length cables, unless they sent me +3 cables that were labeled stock length.:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
For my 2010 LE i had to go with a +3" front brake cable ( the t-block is not center, but locate on the right side on the 2010 model ) the other cables are stock and re-routed . :D

·
Registered
791 Posts
For my 2010 LE i had to go with a +3" front brake cable ( the t-block is not center, but locate on the right side on the 2010 model ) the other cables are stock and re-routed . :D
I think I'll eventually do the same once the wife forgets about the last $400 worth of mods!!:joke:

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I think I'll eventually do the same once the wife forgets about the last $400 worth of mods!!:joke:
You didn't have to do it with your new risers ? kind of lucky you are :D It was impossible to install the Rivco on my bike without the new brake line .... so now i want to install the other cables in stainless too :eek: aaaaaaaah mods addiction .... :drool::drool:

·
Registered
791 Posts
well, it worked for me at least. I just followed Big Joes 2" riser vid on u2b:joke:,
the line went under the tree with the others, BUT, I don't like it bcuz the cables rub on the front of the tank when it's full lock in either direction. Eventually it'll rub through the paint :-\ .... wait .... might get a new paint job outta this!! lol :joke: ' werkin' it!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts