M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just to let you know I sent a message to liquids site and it looks like he MIGHT NOT be doing our rims chromed :mad: He said its a bit of a pain in the you know what to get the rims. So it looks like either custom for $3000 + or paint them :dontknow: I choose paint. This F king sux. How in the halibut am I suppose to spark in style without chrome? I guess I'm gonna have to go all BLACK and polished. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Hey guys just to let you know I sent a message to liquids site and it looks like he MIGHT NOT be doing our rims chromed :mad: He said its a bit of a pain in the you know what to get the rims. So it looks like either custom for $3000 + or paint them :dontknow: I choose paint. This F king sux. How in the halibut am I suppose to spark in style without chrome? I guess I'm gonna have to go all BLACK and polished. :bigthumbsup:
Talk to rig, I'm bet that you might be able to work something out with him to get your rims down there for exchange. Simmons in Georgia also does amazing work with chrome rims. They have an exchange program too! No waiting.

Here's the link: http://www.simmonsmotorworks.com/page/page/1965009.htm

BTW, your welcome, lol!

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
Chrome stock wheels

Would love to chrome my wheels also...Let me know if you find a way:doorag:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Talk to rig, I'm bet that you might be able to work something out with him to get your rims down there for exchange. Simmons in Georgia also does amazing work with chrome rims. They have an exchange program too! No waiting.

Here's the link: http://www.simmonsmotorworks.com/page/page/1965009.htm

BTW, your welcome, lol!
:agree:I had mine done there got refered to them by bobbymac :bigthumbsup: came back awesome quick turnaround and still blinging :D

·
Registered
398 Posts
What about Cambridge Chrome, they do all kinds of custom car stuff I don't see why they wouldn't do your rims and it is close. I just emailed them to see what they would say. I'll keep ya posted.

http://www.cambridgecustomchrome.com/s_17.asp

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
What about Cambridge Chrome, they do all kinds of custom car stuff I don't see why they wouldn't do your rims and it is close. I just emailed them to see what they would say. I'll keep ya posted.

http://www.cambridgecustomchrome.com/s_17.asp
Careful though, the bearings, and replacing them properly can be an issue. Not a job for inexperienced chromers of motorcycle wheels. Simmons does the bearings.....properly, and many have said that he does an excellent job.

There are many that say there is nowhere in Ontario that does a good job chroming. I heard of one place in Quebec, but thats it. (Any Harley dealer will tell you this too, they send their stuff to quebec)

Do you remember Dawg007? His stuff was all chromed in PQ.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Careful though, the bearings, and replacing them properly can be an issue. Not a job for inexperienced chromers of motorcycle wheels. Simmons does the bearings.....properly, and many have said that he does an excellent job.

There are many that say there is nowhere in Ontario that does a good job chroming. I heard of one place in Quebec, but thats it. (Any Harley dealer will tell you this too, they send their stuff to quebec)

Do you remember Dawg007? His stuff was all chromed in PQ.
Chiming in here Dawg got his done in Quebec to the tune of 2000.00..:eek::eek:
i think when the time comes Simmons is the way I'll be going. I'll get the rest from Liquid...:bigthumbsup:

Cheers
Rig

·
Registered
531 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Trying to get you some. Titanium is NOT CHEAP. So far the $ is $65 a pair that includes the time to machine, and product cost which has to come from the states. Trying to find a cheaper dealer but it may be $65 a pair is the best I can do. I need to know how many people would be interested in buying some before I buy the product. Might be able to work out a cheaper price if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Trying to get you some. Titanium is NOT CHEAP. So far the $ is $65 a pair that includes the time to machine, and product cost which has to come from the states. Trying to find a cheaper dealer but it may be $65 a pair is the best I can do. I need to know how many people would be interested in buying some before I buy the product. Might be able to work out a cheaper price if you know what I mean.
Sign me up. Can't let you have all the fun!

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Fire98 I pm'ed you sir

·
Registered
398 Posts
LOL LOL LOL I don't think I will get them done before Americade, but you never know LOL LOL :a18:

Hey
How's the top secret project coming.........:drool::drool: That should stir some :edit::edit:

Cheers
Rig

1 - 16 of 16 Posts