M109 Rider Forums banner

Chrome radiator cover on e-bay...NICE!!

2K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  silentrider 
G
#1 ·
#4 ·
But what does it look like on the bike? I would think that the best thing to do is try to hide the radiator and not have a chrome or polished guard that makes it stick out like a sore thumb. :eek:

#5 ·
OYChoppa said:
But what does it look like on the bike? I would think that the best thing to do is try to hide the radiator and not have a chrome or polished guard that makes it stick out like a sore thumb. :eek:
I was thinking the same thing. I think Suzuki did a much better job than Honda on hiding the radiator. Looks like a nice peice but I would have to see it on the bike too. ::)

#6 ·
why would somebody sell a part for a bike like that without showing a pic of it on the bike? I would hope if that guy is making these things, they would have a 109 to test fit it on at the very least.

#7 ·
Where is this stuff commin' from?

I mean, why would someone fabricate something like that, and then sell it (cheap) on eBay as a one-off?

#8 ·
Lamonster said:
I was thinking the same thing. I think Suzuki did a much better job than Honda on hiding the radiator. Looks like a nice piece but I would have to see it on the bike too. ::)
That VTX radiator always botherd me, It looks like they just stuck it on there as an afterthought, I even bought a chinspoiler for it from Directline, it just didn't look right, Suzuki got it right :bigthumbsup:

G
#10 ·
Hey guys. I have been working with the distributor of this piece for a couple of months and I think they just wanted to see what it would bring dollar wise. I just placed my first order of them and they are going to come two ways: With the 1800 lazer cut into the bottom and also with the M109R cut into the bottom. I am waiting for pix on the bike, but so far it looks like a quality piece. I should have them in a week to two. The mfg is moving slowly on them because he is not sure of demand. The first batch had the big Suzuki S on them and we were successful in getting them to drop that and now this is the second batch. Once I have better pix and install pix I will post them with pricing.

#16 ·
another thing you gotta worry about is proper airflow to the radiator. It MAY look like it will let air through but too many flat surfaces will create turbulence in front of the radiator and cause overheating problems. I've seen it happen in the street rod realm when somebody decides to make there own grill and end up causing all kinds of problems.

G
#21 ·

There are two tabs on the bottom that hook into the stock radiator plastic and then there is a self tapping screw that taps into the top of the neck. Bout a 5 minute install. Unit is very light also.

G
#23 ·
Chrome, fit and finish I would give it a 9. Really nice chrome work. The fit to the 109 is very nice. Truthfully, I do not have one on mine yet, as the few I have gotten have gone right out. At the end of next week, I am supposed to get my first large shipment (10) and then one is going on my bike. The first review from a customer after installed was an A+ but he did not elaborate. The mfg is a 109 owner and did extensive testing and much of my decision to carry them was based on his testing before I agreed to carry it. If you look at the picture it is on his slower blurple or burple bike not my faster silver bike :p

In the above picture he is just holding it in place as he was showing the prototype and then there is another style that has the M109R cut out of the bottom. When installed it sits back further in the recess of the radiator shroud.

Guys, out of respect for our host, I would feel better if you would PM me with any further questions. Thanks in advance.

#25 ·
Ummm, oops! I had no clue that you were also selling these things. I guess I missed your last post where you said you were selling them. The last thing I remembered you saying was that you were the guy that bought that one off of EBay. Maybe you can sell them to Hal? :joke:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.