M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well only been on my bike a few times maybe only put 200 miles since i had it chrome andmy dam forks were leaking, the Mech told me any time you chrome this is the chance you take. I said is there any thing that can be done to fix it? He stated well I put some kind of sealant on it it maty hold Im like wtf and if it dont? his reply well you could get some differnt forks. i said well some come out of the factory chrome, his reply yea.. but they test it a lot of time for leaks.. Hey guys is this **** tru or do I need to look for another Mech...? I would hate to go upside his head after he trys to refuse to pay the bill, from me sendingit out to have it redone. My dam brake nleeder were also leaking and I had oil puke also but I know how to fix that.catch can may be the way ill take. also h etryed to tell me that ooo dont use a regular chep catch can get a pingel( billiet) becaues it has a vale in it so oil will not go out to the spectra filter.I did read about this happening to onew guy on the form but I would just say add some choboy brass mesh and eliminate it. Any feedback will help. :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
it sounds like you need new fork seals.I have never herd of a sealant to stop the leak.it sounds like you need to find a new mechanic.maybe they tryed to reuse the old seals when they put the forks back together.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I don`t have any experance with this but I would think you could just buy a new seal kit for your forks and have them installed and be good to go!! To my knolage the cromeing process does not include heating the item up so do not know how they could be damaged!!! That is just MHO!! Good luck bro

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the head up, I will question him I jjust hope i dont have to drag him out the shop.If I have to pay some one else I am going to be pissed I have spent to much money on chrome for this ****... And he piched a bitch about my chrome hub leaking and that hasent leaked at all.. Know he tells me it s the bottom legs that are leaking not the seals.. any reply will help, before i "Hulk Smash"" ....lol

" Stick My finger in the ground turn this whole dam world around"....

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Thanks for the head up, I will question him I jjust hope i dont have to drag him out the shop.If I have to pay some one else I am going to be pissed I have spent to much money on chrome for this ****... And he piched a bitch about my chrome hub leaking and that hasent leaked at all.. Know he tells me it s the bottom legs that are leaking not the seals.. any reply will help, before i "Hulk Smash"" ....lol

" Stick My finger in the ground turn this whole dam world around"....
I think the bottom tubs are 1 piece no seals the bottom end is solid or pluged you know kinda like a glass only open on top and inside the upper fork tube

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
i would shoot Jerry (liquidpain) a pm and ask him I know he has cromed fork tubes and will have alot more knolage about this then I would!! sorry I can`t help more bro!! good luck though

·
Registered
901 Posts
To my knowledge we have not had any problems with leaking forks because they were chromed or polished. Did he actually take the lowers apart from the fork tubes before chroming, if so, this could be the problem

It's my understanding that the lowers aren't designed to be pulled off of the tubes... According to Suzuki and some mechanic friends, you have the potential for leak problems if you do this. Though I must say we have chromed them both ways and I still haven't heard of any issues with leakage. Sounds like you need to get a true "second opinion."

·
Registered
538 Posts
I had one fork leg that leaked after being chromed, come to find out that the bolt on the underside of the bottom fork tube was not snug enough. Once I snug the bolt up, no more problems!!! :bigthumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts