M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you interested in getting your wheels chromed, I just received an e-mail quote from "PPWHEELS" for chrome plating wheels for the amount of $200.00 per wheel. Please understand that I am not promoting this because I have no idea of the quality, I am simply passing this on . Please e-mail for more info [email protected]
The person that contacted me was Fabian Mauri, I might add this was an unsollicited quote.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
heres one closer to home, Chrome Pros Plating out of Corpus Christie Tx. $500 for both wheels and I believe shipping was included. No idea on quality though. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I Live in Va beach Va. area...and I got a qoute of 650.00 , this includes breaking down and storing the bike while the wheels are out for about 2 weeks and putting it bacK together.

This includes 2 wheels,tranny hub , rear brake caliper , and polishing the 3 brake disks , 50 bucks more to chrome the 3 disks. I also want my brake lines
switched out for the braded lines...and I want the 6 light (led) lizzard light installed and then I'll be done...I'm looking at about 1200.00 bucks
for this job.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
EAGLEFAN67 said:
I Live in Va beach Va. area...and I got a qoute of 650.00 , this includes breaking down and storing the bike while the wheels are out for about 2 weeks and putting it bacK together.

This includes 2 wheels,tranny hub , rear brake caliper , and polishing the 3 brake disks , 50 bucks more to chrome the 3 disks. I also want my brake lines
switched out for the braded lines...and I want the 6 light (led) lizzard light installed and then I'll be done...I'm looking at about 1200.00 bucks
for this job.
sounds sweet. make sure and post some pics when your done. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I can tell ya that $200-$500 for chrome plating both wheels is a real steal. I know guys who spent $850+ to chrome out Busa wheels. Does anyone know of a good chrome plating operation in the central Florida area? I would really like to see first hand the quality of their chrome work as opposed to shipping the wheels off and hoping for the best. I have to type fast cause' my wife doesn't know what I am about to spend the kids college tuition on. :-\

·
Registered
29 Posts
i had my wheels chromed over the winter by classiccomponents.com. no complaints and under 600 with shipping. they do plastic as well. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
30 Posts
bigguns669 said:
i had my wheels chromed over the winter by classiccomponents.com. no complaints and under 600 with shipping. they do plastic as well. :bigthumbsup:
I will check it out, thanks. Did you have to unmount the tires when you shipped or do they stay on so that they can be rebalanced after the plating?

·
Registered
5 Posts
EAGLEFAN67 said:

This includes 2 wheels,tranny hub , rear brake caliper , and polishing the 3 brake disks , 50 bucks more to chrome the 3 disks. I also want my brake lines
for this job.
Sounds good. Where is this place located?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I just got my wheels back from ROARING TOYZ.Com.They did a great job chroming my wheels.They are located in Sarasota Florida.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am a little concerned about taking off the back tire since I am not a top bike mechanic but it sounds like that is the only way. Thanks for all the input on this topic guys.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I do chroming and would have no problem working a deal with anyone here on the site to get there wheels or anything else done that you'd like. I do good work and have my own business building custom street and sportbikes. I do chroming, powdercoating, transparent powdercoating, custom painting and airbrushing, etc. Anyone here is more than welcome to get in touch with me and I will do whatever i can for you to give you a good deal off of reg pricing. Email me or call me if you like. 608-449-7133.

Jeremy :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I know you say call or e-mail, but would you mind hitting us all with an idea of how much you would want for just chrome plating on the wheels? Where are you located? Thanks-
Brett

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm from southern Wisconsin. I would say $550.00 ish. If anyone was serious about getting some done I would figure an exact price and get something worked for you but this is just an idea for you. I am also working on designing @ least 1 style plate mount hopefully 2 for the M109. I will also make it any finish you'd like weather it be chrome, powdercoated, raw, whatever. I will post pix and prices when I am done. I have a few other coll little things I am working on designing also for this bike. Dressup stuff. I will do what I can for my fellow 109ers so hit me up and lets see what we can do. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Maybe/Hopefully I'll be in contact with you this winter to get my wheels chromed out. Depends souly on the bank roll, naturally. Right now, I'm not sure when I'll get 'em done. My wheels could be a "bilboard" for you :joke: I'll pay shipping :joke:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts