M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Mod Crazy somebody stop me...lol...just added getting the front forks from head to toe chromed out, went with powder coating the brake calipers and rotors. question is the triple trees...chrome or powder coated? i have till monday morning to decide please give your opinion....any one with pics please post...thanks

·
Registered
391 Posts
I think chrome is the way to go for your tripple trees cause the other parts that are powder coated will make the chrome pop even more.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jay.. that was my thinking at the start but someone whispered in my ear about the trees so now its got me thinking!

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
CHROME EVERYTHING !!!! chroming the calipers would even make them pop more than powdercoating in my opinion.

·
Registered
367 Posts
chrome all the way

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Man I just got done chroming everything but the calipers and now I am kicking my butt for not doing them !So you no whats next./Only thng left to chrome(Almost).
Dam Guy

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like chroming is the majority...the guy(Engingeman) who got me into the mods chromed everything you can see and some stuff you cant see!! literally he did! just wanted to be a little different sense we'll prob be riding together!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@ Liquipain

wow i woulda thought you woulda said powder coat em (JK) lol she is on her way...I'm calling it The Birth of The Yellow Moth#$%^&*#r....since my wife will be angry at her this summer and she use to call me that when we first started dating! lol i can here it now " you and that yellow Moth$%&^%$#r "

Attachments

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
?

has any who had tripple trees chromed lost the use of there front wheel lock?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
actually yes and no...but good plug and he gave me some good info on a question i had. but the shop that my bike is at already keeps extra trees around because the 9 has taken over half his shop...

·
Registered
391 Posts
Good choice that is seriously gonna set it off real nice especially against the color of your bike But now alls you need are some LEDS on your bike to bounce some color off your new chrome:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
been looking at that as my next step...but racking my brain on which ones to go with,,,,any suggestions? hardest part is waiting on the wheels to come in!

·
Registered
391 Posts
CUSTOMDYNAMICS i think is the best place to get them in my opinion and The yellow to go with your bike would look sick they might even have different shades of yellow also try them out @ www.customdynamics.com let me know how you make out.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah thats what i'm shooting for the yellow...just ordered a HID conversion kit for the headlight.. yellow of course! was gonna try the led in the headlight mod but think its strickly cosmetic though...its so many leds brands for the body hard to choose.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts