M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am looking into dressing the wheels over the winter. I need some help, I want to chrome them but i have been told that there is no one in Ontario that does good chroming. If anyone knows of a good company here can you please let me know? Also if I dont find a chrome shop I may just Paint them gloss black. What do you guys think I should do? :dontknow:

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
Chrome

Chrome all the way Fire....Find it hard to believe there is no good place to go here in ontario...im gonna chrome my stockers now that they are off and bare...not having any luck yet,but i have not looked that hard...will let you know if i find anyone....I think Rig is doing his with Simmons somewhere on his run....I think you need to slip them in his cab,along with a case of beer,and see if they can do a little round trip to Simmons and back,,,They have a good reputation for high quality work...:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the bike is black and liquid is not doing them anymore. To much BS involved. Yea Stav let me know I may have to get a quote from simmons

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I myself am going to powder coat mine so I'm a little impartial... LOVE the look of it cause it seems EVERYONE has chrome but very few go with a blacked out route.

Since your bike is black already that might be a bit much but if there was contrast color... that would look awesome. PLUS... powder coating is way less $$$ then chroming leaving you room to do some other mods... :dontknow:

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I myself am going to powder coat mine so I'm a little impartial... LOVE the look of it cause it seems EVERYONE has chrome but very few go with a blacked out route.

Since your bike is black already that might be a bit much but if there was contrast color... that would look awesome. PLUS... powder coating is way less $$$ then chroming leaving you room to do some other mods... :dontknow:
Or the whited out route LOL

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
the bike is black and liquid is not doing them anymore. To much BS involved. Yea Stav let me know I may have to get a quote from simmons
I heard that he was thinking of stopping the rims. My wheels are from Simmons and he did a GREAT job on them. And you can NEVER go wrong chroming anything.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Rims

I might ask them what it would cost to tune up my polished wheels.
Hey Chris

I'll p.m you a guy for polishing really does good work on truck rims looking

for some work in the winter....:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

I probably will do a Simmons run this winter keep you posted. I would like

to get the hub and rims done. The gas cap and controls to Liquid we'll see

what happens this winter.

:beer2:
Rig

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
rig how much for the rims? is it still 850? +core?

·
Registered
52 Posts
i think it was ester that has the black le, wings run,duffs, his rims are black and ya i hate to say it, but they looked great

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm looking into chroming also. I have been searching everywhere in southern ontario with no luck:mad:

If your looking to refinish, ie polish/paint I heard a lot of good things about Carcones in Aurora

http://carconeswheelrefinishing.com/pricing.htm

Rig keep me in the loop with your run to Simmons, I am interested to do the wheels, hub and generator cover.

I was also thinking of just riding down there this spring and getting new tires at the same time.

let me know

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks for that link. My mind is all over the place now with ideas :drool:. I think I may get them hyper Black painted that looks :edit: awsome. 240 each is not that bad due to the work involved. I will have to call them

1 - 19 of 19 Posts