M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was readinging some old post and I came across a thread that some one was selling chrome OEM chrome grills with an exchange any one know if those's are available any more? If anyone has any clues let me know.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
I haven't had any problem with mine. I do not think anyone is doing it on an exchange basis. You can buy an extra one and send it in to get chromed. I had a company in here in California do mine. If you want their info let me know.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
I did the door molding thing too. Looks good till you look close. It looks so much better now and didn't cost an arm an a leg.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looks good

Yea I like the look of that awsome, I'm just not feeling the cover my be going up for sale after seing yours.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I did the chrome exchange a long time ago and after all the miles I have put on the bike, the grill has taken a beating from debri. It looks good for a while, but I am thinking of replacing mine with mesh soon.

-Cameron C.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Here is the info some of you have asked for. He told me his turn around was 3-4 weeks, though I do not remember it being that long. It was a $100 plus shipping to do the grill. I had bought a spare so the turn around thing didn't bother me. I am thinking of sending my old grill back to Gary, along with a spare GiPro housing I have.

Gary Watson
Creations n' Chrome
24854 Ave Rockefeller
Valencia, CA 91355
661-373-2727
www.creationsnchrome.com
[email protected]

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Jerry does grills?
i believe he was looking at the possibility of doing them and had experimented with a few but the last i talked to him about it i think he was unhappy with the quality of chrome on plastic. i could be wrong though, might want to double-check with jerry. :dontknow:

·
Radio Active Member
27,655 Posts
Jerry does grills?
i believe he was looking at the possibility of doing them and had experimented with a few but the last i talked to him about it i think he was unhappy with the quality of chrome on plastic. i could be wrong though, might want to double-check with jerry. :dontknow:
I believe windy is right.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Chrome ended up not holding to the grill. Buy an aftermarket one, or do the chrome door molding on your grill. $15 at auto zone.
NOT TRUE I HAVE ONE AND SELL THEM ALL THE TIME NEVER HAD ONE COME BACK YET!

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Here is the info some of you have asked for. He told me his turn around was 3-4 weeks, though I do not remember it being that long. It was a $100 plus shipping to do the grill. I had bought a spare so the turn around thing didn't bother me. I am thinking of sending my old grill back to Gary, along with a spare GiPro housing I have.

Gary Watson
Creations n' Chrome
24854 Ave Rockefeller
Valencia, CA 91355
661-373-2727
www.creationsnchrome.com
[email protected]
Your right, Jerry said he's not doing any now
if you are thinking of going with a chrome oem grill, i would trust awesome's referral (info above) since he is a trusted member on this forum. i am sure that he would not lead you down the wrong direction. in fact, i have a stock grill leftover from my winter mods that i am thinking of sending this person just to have a backup. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
if you are thinking of going with a chrome oem grill, i would trust awesome's referral (info above) since he is a trusted member on this forum. i am sure that he would not lead you down the wrong direction. in fact, i have a stock grill leftover from my winter mods that i am thinking of sending this person just to have a backup. :bigthumbsup:
Thanks, I think I might being going that route.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Chrome M-109 grill

Spoke to Jerry today at liquidpain, and he stated that he is in the process of looking for a vendor who can do OEM chrome grill. He said he will post as soon as he finds something out. he also stated that the first was chrome spray that he wasnt to pleases with. But I think If he could get it real chrome Plastic we would be happy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts