M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because I loved the bike from the first moment I saw it, I did not plan to do too many mods.
But I thought it could use some tribals, not too large but flowing with the bike and in chrome, so it matches the whole impression.
Then I added those very good looking ISO grips and mirrors from Küryakyn and installed some crash bars for a broader, meaner and more impressive look...and some safety!

Crash bar from Hepco & Becker as well as a small tribal under the seat

Some tribals on the back side, tank tribal

Left side with crash bar

This is how it looks up front

Impression from the riders position

I think I am done with mods now. Maybe I would install an air horn and some Küryakyn switchblade pegs later...

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
looks ok :bigthumbsup:
so you drill into the shroud to the frame to mount your crash bars & how strong are they

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
big69: ...so you drill into the shroud to the frame to mount your crash bars & how strong are they
Naah! LOL!
All you have to do is to exchange some bolts that are delivered by the manufacturere.
The whole install is a 30 min job, when you have the right tools.

The crash bars are VERY strong and the welding is best quality by Hepco & Becker.
Fixation is sturdy and stable. You get some LARGE bolts that go through the footpeg fixation plus two more holding on the frame on each side.

Those could very well save your legs from being crushed under your bike, or save your bike from unpleasant encounters with terra firma...

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
thats cool i was looking for the strech your legs out conversions

·
Registered
443 Posts
I'm usually not a fan of added graphics, but that's not bad! It's still a bit busy for my tastes, but very interesting. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Have you ridden that awesome looken m109r....sorry vzr1800....on the autobahn at high speed yet?......I did 110mph on the way to work yesterday.....the cops would of probably taken my bike if they would of caught me......it handles it well

1 - 8 of 8 Posts