M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone had any chrome issue, like duling out etc? just wondering, a piece of mine is right below the key on the flatspot i believe this is the chrome cover for the clutch. its one of the biggest chrome pieces on the bike as far as i can tell. i wonder if it'd be covered under the warranty? changed my oil, and differential today, the bike is alot quieter, shifting, and even while its running, idling etc... used the amsoil 10W40 syn. and the 90W syn. gear oil. so far as i can tell 'no~puking' yet!!! :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

G

·
gaMrider said:
anyone had any chrome issue, like duling out etc? just wondering, a piece of mine is right below the key on the flatspot i believe this is the chrome cover for the clutch. its one of the biggest chrome pieces on the bike as far as i can tell. i wonder if it'd be covered under the warranty? changed my oil, and differential today, the bike is alot quieter, shifting, and even while its running, idling etc... used the amsoil 10W40 syn. and the 90W syn. gear oil. so far as i can tell 'no~puking' yet!!! :bigthumbsup: :doorag:
Any chance you have anything dangling from the bike key ring that reaches that point? Its a common affliction on some bikes.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Had (have) this problem on the painted side cover....   :verymad:  :verymad:
Key fob has now been removed... Hope a good buff will fix it

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yes, I am having the same issue. I am going to take it to the dealer and see about getting it replaced, but first finding out what caused it. Should it be covered?

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
All of you guys obviously have a key fob hanging from your key. It rubs back and forth on the chrome when you ride. Why do you think you ONLY have this problem right under your key?? ::)
Remove it and you won't have this problem. My key is loose and I don't have this probme. Good luck getting it replaced under warranty. ::)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yes, I do have a peice of plastic that has the dealers name on it that hangs from the key, Buuuut it doesn't touch that peice of Chrome, I have swung it all kids of ways to see if it would touch and it does not. So I don't think this is an issue.

·
Registered
401 Posts
The stealer put one on my key and it half mooned the piece to the right and a little on the chrome beneath. Shows you what the dealer knows or cares you buy a new bike and he is the culprit in damaging it with his BS advertising.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Yeah me to now, first bike and didn't know or think about it.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Did you try it all kinds of ways with the key turned on or off?
Jer
vpatrick said:
Yes, I do have a peice of plastic that has the dealers name on it that hangs from the key, Buuuut it doesn't touch that peice of Chrome, I have swung it all kids of ways to see if it would touch and it does not. So I don't think this is an issue.

·
Registered
211 Posts
BlackCherry said:
All of you guys obviously have a key fob hanging from your key. It rubs back and forth on the chrome when you ride. Why do you think you ONLY have this problem right under your key?? ::)
Remove it and you won't have this problem. My key is loose and I don't have this probme. Good luck getting it replaced under warranty. ::)
I have the same problem and the dealer gave me the key by itself wish I have been using since the first day. It is a Quality Issue and I do not know if it have to do with heat heating that area more and lack of thicker chrome on the area or what. My bike has 1500 miles, never runs on the rain and has been washed three times only, hand dry and I used compress air to remove the water from all the little areas. Never use anything to clean the chrome other than soap and water.

·
Registered
629 Posts
BearCom said:
The stealer put one on my key and it half mooned the piece to the right and a little on the chrome beneath. Shows you what the dealer knows or cares you buy a new bike and he is the culprit in damaging it with his BS advertising.
This is kinda related, Did the stealers their put stikkers on your bikes when you bring the in for work with the name of the shop on them? One stealer here did every time i braught my bike in to them. I don't and won't go their anymore.
( living in germany right now)

·
Registered
310 Posts
nope no dealer stickers here. actually mine took off the annoying stickers on the tank and the rear suzuki sticker.

didnt even have to ask, they offered and I said sure.

·
Registered
629 Posts
:bigthumbsup: Thats Is Cool, I can't stand it when the only thing in a dealers mind is advertising their shop and making a buck.

Sure thats what they live from, but a happy customer is at least 100x better than a f%&$§ng sticker :mad:

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Animal said:
:bigthumbsup: Thats Is Cool, I can't stand it when the only thing in a dealers mind is advertising their shop and making a buck.

Sure thats what they live from, but a happy customer is at least 100x better than a f%&$§ng sticker :mad:
I don't think he was referring to any stickers that were advertising for the dealer. The stickers he was referring to are the safety stickers that were put on the tank by Suzuki telling you to "use only unleaded gas" etc. etc. I have NEVER seen any dealer have the audacity to put a sticker with their dealerships name on any bikes here in the USA. They almost always have a plastic license plate frame though that has the name of the dealership on it. That's usually the first thing to come off the bike when I get home. ;) :doorag:

·
Registered
195 Posts
I bought my M109 from Extreme Cycles in Salisbury NC. Mine DOES have a dealer sticker on the metal piece that connect the forks. It's round about the size of a silver dollar and has their logo as well as numbers and address. So dealers do put their stamp on the bike. It really doesn't bother me. Not really noticable so I haven't removed it yet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts