M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I just had my rims chromed about a month or so ago. I went to wash the bike today and it flaked off the front rime. I know "What you are thinking what the hell where you using?" It was just a garden hose with a spray attachment! I'll deal with the shop that sent my rims to be chromed but in the mean time do any of you have any suggestions as to chrome front rim that has lasted you a while and actually looks good with a chrome stock rear. (I'll change that one over the summer.) Any pictures or advice would be greatly appreciated. Also any advice on how to keep the rip or what ever it is from spreading until I have time to change the rim would help.

·
Radio Active Member
27,687 Posts
I would PM liquidpain about what you could put on there to keep it from peeling more. Are you getting it covered under warranty? My wheels from Chip Simmons have been holding up great for years. Are you asking if an after market wheel will look good with a chrome stocker rear?

·
Radio Active Member
27,687 Posts
From my quick Google search and read, I would try some clear nail polish on it. :dontknow: There were some other ideas, but this seemed to be the easiest and cheapest way.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I think I'll try the nail polish first. I still need to talk to the shop that had the chroming done. I have to make sure that the warrantee is worth the paper that it's written on. I just don't want to get burned twice. That's why I'm getting a better set of rims. I have been looking but I haven't found anything that I like better on the 9 than the stockers so finding a replacement may be a bit hard. Thanks again for the help. My blood pressure can go back to normal now.

R.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Didn't read through thread so if it was stated sorry for repost. To keep the Chrome from peeling further I would wipe gently with some alcohol, let dry and then dab on some clear fingernail polish, key word here is dab, do not brush it will stand out more with brush strokes if done wrong. Alittle dab at a time, less is more here, you want to coat entire edge that is flaking. As far as the other part I can't help ya bit I had my time chromed as chrome pros out of Texas about 5 years ago and so far I'm good. I do have some very fine pitting that started on rear last years or so but it has not spread and unless you rub you hand over it you don't know its there, of course since I stated this it will be this year that ill have the problems now :-\

1 - 6 of 6 Posts