M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question, I have read that the drive shaft and rear trans on these bikes was borrowed from another large Suzuki cruiser. If that is the case, which one and did Suzuki make a chrome shaft cover for it? Polished the wheels and would like to add this accessory.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Polishing the drive shaft correctly would require its removal and that is admittedly beyond my skill level at this point. Plus I am all polished out right now after doing the wheels.

I had a Honda Aero and bought the shaft cover for 40 bucks, zip tied it on and it looked great! I cant help but think that there must be a chrome cover already being made if this is a borrowed drive shaft from the Suzuki parts bin? Do we know which Big Cruiser these parts were borrowed from?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
i looked at the part numbers for the suzuki shaft driven bikes. they are all different than the 109. they all look different in the pictures as well. guess this is a one of a kind. that doesn't mean that one or some of those shaft covers wouldn't work, however. it just means we have to guess which one :p.

G

·
I would bet that Kuryakyn will be coming out with one. They have put a ton of money and effort into the VTX and RoadStar for 06, but they have dedicated a ton of money into the crusier market. Since the bike is still new, I would bet that between Kuryakyn, Barons and Big BIke Parts it is just a matter of time. Problem is, if you are like me, patience is not one of my virtues.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Bruno said:
I would bet that Kuryakyn will be coming out with one. They have put a ton of money and effort into the VTX and RoadStar for 06, but they have dedicated a ton of money into the crusier market. Since the bike is still new, I would bet that between Kuryakyn, Barons and Big BIke Parts it is just a matter of time. Problem is, if you are like me, patience is not one of my virtues.
Patience is not one of mine either... BUT my wallet and Wife make sure I practice it all the time :D

Sledzep

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I also have no patients however I am close to taking some measurment and going to the Honda to find one that is close and will work... :confused:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts