Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ?

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:joke: Â Â I've been pricing places to have my wheels chromed.....and I think I found a great deal....i checked with www.pppwheels.com, and spoke to Fabian. He said he would chrome both wheels and the hub/shaft for 400 bucks! Â Way less than any other place. Just thought I would let you know.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
that's a much better price than i've seen anywhere. i'm looking at doing it this winter. i'll consider this company. keep us updated.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Great price , where are they located? Any pix of their work or testimonials?

thanks

·
Registered
131 Posts
I am a bit sceptical about "low price chroming" because as far as I know, chroming does not equal CHROMING!
A real good showcase chroming that shines and stays, is a TRIPLE chroming, so I assume that there might be a very large difference between a single and a triple layer chroming.

I have seen bad chrome jobs, growing "pimples" after 2 weeks and those had been more annoying than beautiful.

Like the old scotsman said: "Cheap is not priceworthy!"

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
I went to their web site and I have to say I am still interested. I know the age old saying of cheap is not always a good thing but if they back their product up with a good warranty and I am able to see and hear some feedback from others then I'm game

·
Registered
71 Posts
I did call and he gave me the same price. There are also screws that need to be chromed on the hub and he said $7.50 for each screw. Also the plate for the foot peg he said about $25.00 for each plate. I think I may have to go for it.

G

·
why isnt there more choices on aftermarket rims? I dont really like the spoke configuration on the 109 enought to get them chromed.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Please give us a name or e-mail address for this chroming place, I like to get my wheels done this winter if this place is not to far from where I am.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Re: My Suzuki M109 crash/engine case guards arrived

I have finally received and installed the engine case guards, They look great, it adds a balance to the looks of the bike. As far as functunality goes, if your bike were to go down god forbid, these guards would not prevent a lot of damage. Installation was not simple for a guy like me who is not a mechanic, the tank has to be removed, the cowling has to be removed, in other words strip the bike of all the surrounds then install the guards and put the stuff back. looking back it was worth the effort if not for function, but for looks.
[email protected] is kratto, when I get better at posting I will include pictures.

·
Registered
382 Posts
just had my wheels and footpegs mounts chromed through Bikes 2 NV in Columbus Ohio, $1300.00. 2 year warranty. You should really research your chroming before you have it done. My was a 5 step process. I am sure you can have it done cheaper but you need a warranty. Would like to post pictures but can't get them to work. I do have them on Photobucket under Fatone_02. Hope the info helps. Ps... Do your research. SILVER IS FASTER

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I don't know where some of you are from but there is a Chromer in Corpus Christie TX that does sportbike rims and others and also says something about free shipping. I will get the magazine at home tomorrow and report back. The price was good at $500 for both wheels.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts