M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't removed the air boxes before so this was a learning experience for me. It took us about an hour and its actually easy once you know where the bolts are. I am sure I have more air as I now have some popping I never had before. I guess its time for the Power Commander now.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Looks good Hal. How does she run? :doorag:

I forgot to tell you that would have been a good time to do the Power Commander. :redfaced:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lamonster said:
Looks good Hal. How does she run? :doorag:

I forgot to tell you that would have been a good time to do the Power Commander. :redfaced:
I will ride it home tonight but it does have some decel popping.

Engine gets yanked tomorrow so I figured I would wait on the Power Commander.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Hal, that chrome looks sweet man. The big air is really starting to grow on me... especially now that it's in chrome. I hope you guys can work something like was suggested about stretching a larger filter to the shape of the triangle aircover. That would really rock. Also, is it necessary to remove the tank and side panels like you did to install the big air, or were you guys doing that for something else?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It depnds on how much time I have and how much money the wife lets me spend. Just want to see140HP on the bike.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Starting to grow on me as well.....that looks pretty nice. Good job, enjoy. I am thinking of getting them if for no other reason than NOT to have to buy a new air filter each time this thing pukes oil into the left side air box filter even after very precise oil metering/filling/checking :verymad: , at least those are cleanable and reusable.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I rode the bike home tonight. About 15 miles. The butt dyno said I had more power but the butt dyno always says yes. Most of the popping went away when I road it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hal, that looks really great!! Any idea how long to receive the chrome one? Rough estimate, would you say 2 weeks? 1 month? etc?

thanks guy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Chromer dropped this one by to me today. He says he will have the others done next week. (Fingers crossed).

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
J R said:
Those fresh air plates you sell will get rid of that poping all ya gotta do is remove thses two bolts and that hose right there super quick and easy

:bigthumbsup: :doorag:
i thougt there was to plates to a set?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nester said:
Hal,

What might be the estimated delivery of the black powder coated BA's?
Well we have changed the look slightly. We are going to use a blackbright anodize which is spectacular and wears better than the paint. I hope to have them next week along with the chrome.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
moto said:
i'd like to know if Hal cut the cobra slashdowns at the rear axle?
I absolutely did. Its kind of a long story but it goes back to when Cobra first started shipping the pipes. They had sent the wrong heat shields. These pipes were temporary for me anyway so rather than wait I cut them as I wanted shorter pipes anyway. My motor is coming out tomorrow and I have another set of pipes that will go back on.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts