M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a couple of pic's of my Chrome Big Air installed.

First, here's the homemade gasket I made to double insure that the inner flange has a good seal. Once you do that, the rest of the outer unit does not come into play as far as how it seal on the outer edge.

Homemade gasket.

Close up. Yeah the cap looks black in the picture but that's just a photo effect. I assure you they are nicely chromed and look chrome to the eye, just not in the pic.

Wide shot.

These units are solid aluminum chromed. They are quite solidly built. So far, I couldn't be happier with them. Thank you Direct Line!

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
SWEET! I'm definitely starting to like that big air kit now. Looks top notch.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I want one... it looks good.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Medic1210 said:
SWEET! I'm definitely starting to like that big air kit now. Looks top notch.
Me too. I'm going to have to get one in black.

They run fine in a downpour, right? Because I don't like to stop for no darned rain....

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lamonster said:
Looking good Bro. :bigthumbsup: How's she run? :doorag:
Runs great! I was already moving a good bit of air with the homemade Spectre cone filters. With Big Air, I'm pretty sure they are moving more air, especially from low rpm up to the middle third of the rpm range. I haven't really worked the top 3rd of the rpm range enough yet to make any assessment. But the one assessment I know is I LIKE EM.

I stopped at a Quicktrip middle of the afternoon and a guy on a real tricked out Hayabusa pulled in the space right next to me. He had custom paint and had extended the rear/swing arm. It looked real sweet and real mean. To my surprise he jumped off and said he had to look at my bike. This proceeded for a full 30 minutes. The first thing he wanted to know about was Big Air! Finally I had to go and the last thing he said to me was "that's the bike I want." I thought that was pretty nice praise for the ole 9 and especially cause he was pretty taken with Big Air.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
jazzman said:
Runs great! I was already moving a good bit of air with the homemade Spectre cone filters. With Big Air, I'm pretty sure they are moving more air, especially from low rpm up to the middle third of the rpm range. I haven't really worked the top 3rd of the rpm range enough yet to make any assessment. But the one assessment I know is I LIKE EM.

I stopped at a Quicktrip middle of the afternoon and a guy on a real tricked out Hayabusa pulled in the space right next to me. He had custom paint and had extended the rear/swing arm. It looked real sweet and real mean. To my surprise he jumped off and said he had to look at my bike. This proceeded for a full 30 minutes. The first thing he wanted to know about was Big Air! Finally I had to go and the last thing he said to me was "that's the bike I want." I thought that was pretty nice praise for the ole 9 and especially cause he was pretty taken with Big Air.
:bigthumbsup: :doorag: :super:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Will definetly be hooking up my silver 109 with some chrome covers.. I want my bike so shiney that during daylight the freaking cagers will think a UFO is flying low and coming to get them so they will stay the :edit: away from me... Now if I could just figure out a "legal" way to make all the cell phones stop working when I got close I'd be all set!

Just gotta finish saving up the nickles so I can get the Big Air, PCIII and perhaps pipes done all at once so I can get a map done.

Thanks for posting the pics, sharp looking bike bro!

G

·
jazzman said:
Here are a couple of pic's of my Chrome Big Air installed.

First, here's the homemade gasket I made to double insure that the inner flange has a good seal. Once you do that, the rest of the outer unit does not come into play as far as how it seal on the outer edge.

Homemade gasket.

for that kind of money it does not come w/a gasket? is a gasket really needed?

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
DaltonH said:
Now if I could just figure out a "legal" way to make all the cell phones stop working when I got close I'd be all set!
LOL, trust me... You don't want to be able to do that. It would only make the cagers drive worse, because they would all be looking at and fiddling with their phone trying to figure out why it wasn't working. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Very nice install! :bigthumbsup:

It makes the bike looking even more aggressive and powerful.

G

·
I had posted earlier in the week about an intake plate that we are making that will be inexpensive and allow you to mount virtually any intake to the M109 - - - keeping in mind that some intakes will present some problems if they are not symetrical since we have to provide 2 intakes and they need to be mirror images. Some aren't and some guys may object to having slight differences from the right side to the left side. For Instance, the Hypercharger will not be symetrical from side to side.

Here is a link to our intake plate and a filter like you describe will be available.

http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=5373.0

I think that with our new intake adapter plates and a basic set of intakes that we will have a complete system for about $150. And you can go from there up to almost $1,000 if you use the spike intakes. So the choices will be almost endless.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I put about 250 miles on the bike today. Got many comments about Big Air, all thought they were great. The bike ran supremo. I tore up GA Hwy 60. The torque and acceleration coming out of curves where you can hold 2nd between all the tight ones and hold 3rd between the ones a little more open. Man the bike just ate up the road. I didn't worry quite so much about pushing the bike as hard as possible through the turns because I knew I could pick up that time and more with the great acceleration the bike has now.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts