M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tears of joy reign down upon my face. :D

I bought my girl some new shoes. Metz 260/40, 160/60 are also in house and will join the festivities. :bigthumbsup:

I'll post some pics once installed.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow those are going to look sick on the bike!!! what area of orlando are you?
I know!! I can't wait to have them installed. I'm over in the Lake Mary/Heathrow area.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
913 Posts
Nice wheels. Coastal moto wheels are great wheels. Great customer service too.

Can I ask why you only went with a 8.5" rear wheel instead of the 10"?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice wheels. Coastal moto wheels are great wheels. Great customer service too.

Can I ask why you only went with a 8.5" rear wheel instead of the 10"?
You bet! Jeff is really great and customer service is top notch. As far as the wheel size, the 10" gives you more flexability to give you that ultra custom look and much wider tires. Nice stuff for sure. However, just like lowering the bike, even though it looks awesome, I didnt want to chance changing the stock handling characteristics of the bike. Maybe it's better, maybe not.

I love the way the stock bike handles and the poor pegs suffer for it. :D

From what I read the Metz will make the bike handle even better. I think for sure I'll still be able to stand back and look at it with that silly involuntary grin on my face!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
913 Posts
280 really doesnt change the handling characteristics. Ive had mine for two seasons now and I love it.

Now the Metzlers will change the handling. Cost you a little for new shoes, but well worth it to me. Ive got about 8000 miles out of my metz right now, I might get another 500 miles. So a good tire in my mind.

But congrats on ur wheels, it will make ur bike look completly different.

·
Registered
877 Posts
280 really doesnt change the handling characteristics. Ive had mine for two seasons now and I love it.

Now the Metzlers will change the handling. Cost you a little for new shoes, but well worth it to me. Ive got about 8000 miles out of my metz right now, I might get another 500 miles. So a good tire in my mind.

But congrats on ur wheels, it will make ur bike look completly different.
hopefully my 10'' will b here soon was wonderin bout handling...will b 1st time on metz heard nothin but good things tho...

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Those are one of my favorite aftermarket wheel designs for the 9. Those are gonna look great on your LE. :bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,078 Posts
Those are some of my favorites too, great choice in both wheels and tires. :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
Those are not just some new shoes. Your having a Foot transplant. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :congrats:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Guys!

Just when you think the mod sickness is under control, you start looking at pics of the beautiful bikes on this site and realize there's no end to the insanity. :eek: :D

Now im thinking blinkers and risers next. Geeeeezzzzz!! :clap2:

·
Registered
194 Posts
:bigthumbsup: can't wait to see some pics. Good choice

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok boys here it is. :bigthumbsup:

What a difference it makes. WOW!! The improvement in the ride quality with the Metz is also completly indescribable! My Irate Skull raditator cover should be in any day now too!! These will match the skull Kury footpegs. :D

Sorry for the crappy phone pics.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts