M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to the "how to" posted by Tugboat, I decided to tackle this because the stock pipes were just too long for my taste. It came out pretty good I think. I didn't have a chop saw but a sawsall with a good blade and an air cutoff wheel worked well. The local exhaust shop charged me 10 bucks to do the welding.

I did have all 3 of my baffles drilled out and the 8 holes in the end plates of each pipe. Holy S%&! this thing is way louder now. I've never heard a 109 with a full set of pipes and without cats and the SET but I'm happyt witht he sound level of my bike now. I managed to set the neighbors car alarm off as I drove by. I'm going to have to pull into my neighborhood in 3rd gear now when I come home from work so I don't wake anybody up. Sound clips on the internet don't do the sound justice. I think I'm going to have to invest in an FI2000R now as well. I don't have intakes yet but I do have a JSD-4M and it smoothed the bike out quite a bit. First ride today and the surging between 2k and 3k is back. It must have lost just enough back pressure to lean it out a little. Anyway, thanks for the how to, Tugboat. Here are some pics and my new side mount license plate as well. I never thought I'd say a 240 tire looked skinny but I think I need a wider rear tire and about a 2 inch drop.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Looks like a damn nice job :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you need to get a 250 and lower that thing.
:agree:

I think he was talking to me, Big-B, but it looks like you're in the same stock height/width boat I am. So much to do so little time/money. I'm thinking the FI2000R is next and then a drop. I will probably wait for the rear tire to wear out before buying a wider one but I will probably buy the E3 Dunlop 250 at that point.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
:agree:

I think he was talking to me, Big-B, but it looks like you're in the same stock height/width boat I am. So much to do so little time/money. I'm thinking the FI2000R is next and then a drop. I will probably wait for the rear tire to wear out before buying a wider one but I will probably buy the E3 Dunlop 250 at that point.
LOL, yeah I know he was. Just funny how it was fitting to either of us. Side note though, I have exhaust, fi2000, rims and tires coming this week.:D

·
Registered
790 Posts
Go with the 280 rear...... and drop it down with a 2" bone......

NICE.......

·
Registered
497 Posts
nice looking tips i just may need to change mine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts