M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!
I recently bought my first M109R after years of sport bikes and I must say I'm loving it!

Being a tall rider (6"3) with a previous back and neck injury, after about two hours of riding the seating position starts to put stress on my back and neck. So, I now want to change the setup a bit. I purchased small risers with ape hangers with a combined added length in comparison to stock of about 2.75 inches.

I want to change the brake lines and cables but I'm having a hard time choosing the correct brake lines and cables for this modification. If anyone can share this information with me? The specifications, Possibly where to buy them from too?

If it's of any use, the bike is a 2021 year model.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
You still have the stock cables I assume?
Just see how much longer than stock each cable will need to be once you route them the way you want.
Then order the cables you need in the + length.
(For example, if the cable needs to be 3 inches longer you would order +3 inch cables)

Call JC at Meancycles and he can hook you up with + length cables.
Link below shows clutch cable, select length from drop down menu.

You may also need to have different ends on some of the cables since you are going with apes. For example i think banjo fitting for the connection to the master cylinders needs to change to a tight 90 degree connectors when you go to apes.

BCS

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You still have the stock cables I assume?
Just see how much longer than stock each cable will need to be once you route them the way you want.
Then order the cables you need in the + length.
(For example, if the cable needs to be 3 inches longer you would order +3 inch cables)

Call JC at Meancycles and he can hook you up with + length cables.
Link below shows clutch cable, select length from drop down menu.

You may also need to have different ends on some of the cables since you are going with apes. For example i think banjo fitting for the connection to the master cylinders needs to change to a tight 90 degree connectors when you go to apes.

BCS
Thanks alot buddy! I gave them a call today and placed an order for a +3 kit which has everything I need for the build.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts