M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, Ive searched...No, I didnt find my answer...so...

Has anyone come up with a method of rewiring the China integrated taillights to work with the KnightRider light??

Ive gotten it to the point wherre the taillight is on, but doesnt function other than that. I was trying to get the brake light to work and just rely on the KR light for signals, but 100% funtion is preferred.

Can anyone shed some light?? TIA

·
Registered
2009 / VZR1800
3,666 Posts
Yes, Ive searched...No, I didnt find my answer...so...

Has anyone come up with a method of rewiring the China integrated taillights to work with the KnightRider light??

Ive gotten it to the point wherre the taillight is on, but doesnt function other than that. I was trying to get the brake light to work and just rely on the KR light for signals, but 100% funtion is preferred.

Can anyone shed some light?? TIA
Maybe some info here will help you...:

M109R traillight OEM VS REVO/TOPZONE/China made

REVO Generation V Integrated Knight Rider LED

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
About to get on a plane so no time to look over other link given above to see they cover.
But most of the Chineese integrated tail lights come wired with the brake and tail light wiring reversed in the connector.
Switch the green and red wires on the integrated light connector and then see if both your brake and tail light work.

BCS

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you get your wiring sorted out?

BCS
Well, sort of. I ended up removing the red lens from the OEM light (since it works with the KRider light), and taking the tinted lens off of the China light, and adding that lens to the OEM assembly. MUCH easier to remove the China lens than the OEM lens (it ended up in about 100pcs) LOL!! But got it working as designed. Also added a NINEO LED kit from Amazon, which wires into your tail light and all the LEDs turn red when you hit the brakes. Love it so far!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts