M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone ever tried to make the shroud from the 109 fit the 90? it looks as if it can fit. I know theres been discussion about the production of one for the 90 but just wondering

·
Registered
91 Posts
I believe someone has and it failed or ended up being a lot of work. The 109 shroud wouldn't fit.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Just order the Corbin one, Once it's on you will love it (better then looking at the ugly radiator):bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
474 Posts
I think member Solodolo put a 109 shroud on his. I pm'd him about it a while back, but can't find the picture he had in his profile any more.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think member Solodolo put a 109 shroud on his. I pm'd him about it a while back, but can't find the picture he had in his profile any more.
Yes, it can be done. You may need one person to hold everything in place while determining the best fit. Most importantly, just practice a little patience. I will send an updated photo of my bike later this week.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, it can be done. You may need one person to hold everything in place while determ

anybody hear the lastest on this? I'm anxious to see it so I can get it done

·
Registered
91 Posts
Wow! I stand corrected! Was it pretty much straight bolt on or did you have to add some holes?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Looks great! It's too bad you didn't share this with the members here BEFORE we all went and bought the Corbin shroud.

Care to share how you did it?

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have in works for M90 the "radiator shroud chin spoiler".....but I'm currently still waiting for my friends M90 to arrive at the dealership so I could get correct measurements.....anyway... It will be in one piece simple durable, glass-fiber "shroud-chin" were the upper part is something like corbin's and lower part like on the image.. I'm expecting to get it ready at least by mid. of January..

(if there's interest, please PM your contacts and I'll take in touch if things are starting to get ready...;))

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
i really like the stock shroud top, u should try to get something as close to that, prefer that more than the corbin look.. that way i / we wont have to wait for a a wrecked m109r or buy the oem radiator cover set for 300 ish.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Looks great! It's too bad you didn't share this with the members here BEFORE we all went and bought the Corbin shroud.

Care to share how you did it?
Easy buddy! Not too sure I appreciate being blamed for decisions you made for something you believed to be the best option available at the time. Go back and check the threads. I made it known as soon as I accomplished this task. I received only one email asking how I did it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey Solo did it fit right on or did you have to modify it some?
Some slight mods required. Tried it two different ways. First attempt limited my turning radius. Didn't take pictures, but willing to explain it to you. Send me a pm and I will provide my phone number. We can discuss after the Holiday.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts