M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent the afternoon fighting with the Low and Mean chin spoiler. Now is it just me or could this product use.....

a.. Better instructions with better pics and

b.. Better means of attaching this thing.

I had to modify the aluminum blocks to get this to fit the way I wanted it to. Still have a bit of a fitment issue on the left side but will be taking it back off again to finish paint and install the screen. Also cutting the bottom to allow for easier oil changes. Like the look though.

·
Registered
284 Posts
nice job woody now i know who to see to have mine put on, when i get it next year lol your bike looks great :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I thought the instructions were crappy as well but I got Superman 9's on without to much trouble. The only problem I had was the screw on the brake side wanted to cross thread every time I started it. I enlarged the hole a tad on the bike so the block could move a little and we were good to go.

They look great and I hope to have one one day soon.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
I love the Look Woody.....but I think they suck at the way they attach and am also afraid of all the crap its gonna catch..... BUT LOOKS AWESOME Bro!!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
877 Posts
Spent the afternoon fighting with the Low and Mean chin spoiler. Now is it just me or could this product use.....

I had to modify the aluminum blocks to get this to fit the way I wanted it to. Still have a bit of a fitment issue on the left side but will be taking it back off again to finish paint and install the screen. Also cutting the bottom to allow for easier oil changes. Like the look though.
:agree:

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
looks good woody for the price it should mount with no problems what is the deal :dontknow:

·
Radio Active Member
27,666 Posts
Looks good. They must have not had much R&D time into it and just wanted to get it out for sale right away. :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
looks good woody for the price it should mount with no problems what is the deal :dontknow:
:agree:the only bad thing about it is the removal of the lower part of the fairing once that pice is removed no big deal. now your bike looks awesome with that chin.
this is the pic of my9

·
Registered
461 Posts
I actually purchased mine from a different supplier but i do agree...pain in the arse to assemble...I actually had my guy mold all of the front radiator shroud into one piece....few members said it couldnt be done...but sure enough...it happened :bigthumbsup:

Your bike looks great by the way :congrats:

·
Registered
6,984 Posts

I thought it was pretty straight forward/easy. I did attach mine by drilling into the frame and using some big push-pins....the kind that hold body pannels on cars (bought at Autozone).

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thought about that but was worried about making a weak spot in the frame next to the peg mount. That's where I bent the frame on my first 9. Can just imagine the insurance company denying a claim because I weakened the frame installing the spoiler. Those little aluminum blocks suck too. Had trouble cross threading the bolt on the clutch side. Could have easily made a better system for attachment. If you ask me this thing is half engineered.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I found the instructions were OK however the method of mounting has something to be desired and the quality of the product was poor . The gel coat looked nice , I just found it does not fit the vertical rad fairing very well and had to remove it after mounting it and fiddle with it to make it work ...

I understand that Low and Mean needs to make the add on part in suck a way it can be removed and the bike can go back to stock and to make all the parts easy enough for your average guy to install however I think it still needs some R&D on how it fits the bike .

In my opinion the chin spoiler is something that should come from the factory as it makes the bike . Suzuki made allot of improvements in the 2010 model , maybe they will catch onto this next year.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts