M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to take up MC talk, but I'm looking to buy a Chevy Silverado SS in Maryland and wanted some advice/feedback about the truck. Is anyone out there working at a Chevy dealer? Can you give me some input on the pricing and whether they're discontinuing the model. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
montoya32 said:
Sorry to take up MC talk, but I'm looking to buy a Chevy Silverado SS in Maryland and wanted some advice/feedback about the truck. Is anyone out there working at a Chevy dealer? Can you give me some input on the pricing and whether they're discontinuing the model. Thanks.
http://www.chevroletforum.com/ Just curious, but why ask this here? You wouldn't go to the Chevy forum and ask questions about the 109 would you? You'll get better/faster responses when the question is at least remotely related to the forum it's asked in.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
You can't got wrong with Chevy :bigthumbsup: they just started the 5 year 100'000 mile warranty. Now that believing in what you sell :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
178 Posts
hold off on it...the new 2007 silverados are out and I would imagine a new SS is in the works. Besides the air ducts and wheels, they look like a 4 door pickup... jmo

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thank god!!! I didn't ask about anyone here knowing about a Datsun 280z (76,77, or 78) that I'm looking for. If don't want to see the post.... skip it, its actually very simple, I don't think we need another savior on board (there is plenty now). I' thought asking here because I feel comfortable with fellow members, don't tell me or anybody for that matter what to post (talk about a high horse) unless you are La monster or Hal period. I'm going to assume that we all know how to use a car search on the net, thats how I ended up here, so worry about yourself. Lastly I can't help you with Chevy questions, but feel free to ask about fords, Toyota's, and Nissans anytime and I might be able to help you.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
^^^^  Well look who's hopped onto his high horse to tell me to get off mine.  ::)  Hey, since we're in the absolutely-nothing-to-do-with-motorcycles-much-less-the-109 thread, can anybody tell me what benefit there is to upgrading my Treo 650P to the Treo 700P?  What?  You mean I would probably be better off asking that over at TreoCentral.com?  Dang man, I thought this was an 'anything goes' forum.  My bad.  ::)  Funny that you tell me to overlook posts if I don't want to read them, and then bash me because you didn't like my post... Maybe you shouldn't have read it.  Besides, I never bashed him. I asked a simple question. Sorry it offended you.

Peace,

The Saviour of the Board

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Medic1210 said:
http://www.chevroletforum.com/ Just curious, but why ask this here? You wouldn't go to the Chevy forum and ask questions about the 109 would you? You'll get better/faster responses when the question is at least remotely related to the forum it's asked in.
Thought I'd ask folks who I have a comoon interest with (109), and who I trust the opinions of. I did look at the Chevy forums, but as we know, not many people who own a 109 will dogg it. I figured that SS owners would not be the most willing group to dish the true dirt on the trucks they own.

·
Registered
76 Posts
faster downloads (uses evdo and wifi so fast that if your get the live t.v. package, your going to actually be able to watch it without any slowdowns) better key placement, I could give a few more if you email me. oohhh I almost forgot don't get the Treow... main reason is the crappy screen resolution. see no problems what else would you want to know? we are among friends here, or maybe riding a bike makes me ignorant compare to someone at treocentral.com...

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
^^^^ Thanks. I've never been much for the Windows based Treo... Or any other handheld for that matter. Always been a Palm OS guy. Maybe if I hadn't just gotten the 650P this year I could justify the upgrade, but I don't think the wife will go for it now. Especially since I bought the 109 too.

G

·
What OS is better? XP or OS X? Thinking about getting the wife a Mac that runs Windows and OS X through a program called Boot Camp. Any Mac users here? Also, the wife is making potato salad tomorrow and wanted to know which is better, Oregano or MSG for adding some zing... :evil:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Remind me to never ask a question unless it has the words "109, nice pair, or what do do for a living?" Some of you guys are complete goof balls.

·
Registered
765 Posts
OYChoppa said:
And get 12 mpg max.
Not with an 06 or newer model. They have the multi displacement feature. I get 24 mpg on the highway with my Magnum RT.

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
"What OS is better? XP or OS X? Thinking about getting the wife a Mac that runs Windows and OS X through a program called Boot Camp. Any Mac users here? Also, the wife is making potato salad tomorrow and wanted to know which is better, Oregano or MSG for adding some zing...  "

Always choose Mac over Windoze, and while it is sacriledge to run it on a Mac, Boot camp works well or there is another program called Parallels that lets you run them at the same time without re-booting
...........and try Paprika

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
OYChoppa said:
And get 12 mpg max.
I have two Dodge Rams with the Hemi's. My wifes is a 1/2 ton 4 door, 4 wheel drive with a 6' bed and she get 15.5 mpg, my is the same truck in a 3/4 ton with an 8' bed and I get 14.5 mpg. Not sure where you got 12 mpg max but that not so with our trucks, not that this is great mileage but it's not bad for a truck with almost as much horepower as my Boss Hoss (345hp). ;)

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
While not an SS, my nephew has a 2001 Silverado 4x4 extended cab, fully loaded. I love that truck..have always loved those trucks, and will probably get one in about 5-6 years.

However, I've also been checking out the Titan, Tundra, and Pilot as alternatives.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts