M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My father is getting fairly advanced in age. He currently owns a vmax, which he has been riding less and less each year. With a nagging knee injury from his college football days, an arthritic hand from a brief boxing career, and a bad back from riding a desk for the last 30 years, he has yet to take the bike out this year, and is thinking it might be time to sell. So cherish every ride, you never know when circumstances might turn on you. I am trying to get him onto a CanAm Spyder... not the best solution, but at least he could still get out there...

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Watcha callin advanced age ya wippersnapper?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Heh. My dad never rode but I just happened to take a pic of him on my bike today. He's 77.

·
Banned
408 Posts
I'm 45 & shot, 2 herniated discs in my neck & last year 2 in my lower back causing sciatica, got 3 shots, felt alot better but now pain is coming back again, looks like my bike days might be over. God bless your dad @ 77!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
940 Posts
My father is getting fairly advanced in age. He currently owns a vmax, which he has been riding less and less each year. With a nagging knee injury from his college football days, an arthritic hand from a brief boxing career, and a bad back from riding a desk for the last 30 years, he has yet to take the bike out this year, and is thinking it might be time to sell. So cherish every ride, you never know when circumstances might turn on you. I am trying to get him onto a CanAm Spyder... not the best solution, but at least he could still get out there...
The Goldwing trikes are expensive but one of the most confy rides on the road and one of the least physically demanding to ride. I wish him the best and hope he can find a way to get out on the road, we all need to be thankful for each day we can still ride.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Heh. My dad never rode but I just happened to take a pic of him on my bike today. He's 77.

Your Dad look's so darn cute,and sweet sitting on that Big Beautiful,Beastly Sweet (9)!!!;)...God Bless him!!...:pray:..At 77yrs old!:bigthumbsup:
He look's pretty good,and Very Happy,too!...:clap2::#1:..."I love the Elderly"!!..We'll all be there some day!!!..
We have to appreciate,and be Thankful for every day we have,and every ride we are able to take!!...:bow::a18:

Take Care,Ride Safe!!...:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
I must be behind on the trend of flip flops and M109R's!!!!:joke:

I concur your dad looks happy on the bike. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts