M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading about Lamonster and Jazzman meeting up, it occurred to me that most of us will never enjoy the opportunity of sitting down with one another. So now I'm curious about something regarding those who do occasionally enjoy a drink. When the day is done and you're relaxing and joining the board for a good read, what are some of your favorite libations? I'd ask that you list a few that you like, as well as a couple you don't. I'll begin...

I'm from Scotland so it follows that I'd appreciate a good single malt whiskey. I'll only list two, but both are highly recommended. A few points about enjoying them to the fullest. Always serve with water, either in the glass or on the side, once mixed allow to sit about five minutes, never use ice.

DalWhinnie - smokey golden candy; perfect single malt for the beginner

Cragganmore - mysterious and delicious; definitely not for the beginner

Knob Creek Straight Bourbon Whiskey
Tip - great for sipping or the perfect Manhatten

1800 Anejo - a simple and honest tequila, 100% Agave

Black & Tan - Guinness layered over Bass Pale Ale
Tip - must be from the fountain, not the bottle

Rolling Rock Extra Pale - my favorite "at home ale"

My dislikes include the following:

Rum or Vodka

Cheers to the board :bigthumbsup: :super:

LG

·
Registered
696 Posts
heres back at ya... i like a fine cigar... and in the summer...ice cold Corona for me.. in the winter... i like a nice wine... "Best Box" money can buy :joke:... Trader Joe's or Costco..have some good deals on a bottle now and again... we also have a chain here in the valley called Lee's Liquor.. good deals there too...mjm

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'm a good friend to Jack...
My favorite Single malt is The Balvenie and Aberlour a'bunadh
Beer...hmmm Give me something from Stone Brewery...The IPA or even an Arrogant bastard...Stone is a San Diego Brewer...

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I grew up on PBR and Southern Comfort. Had enough of that in my misspent youth.

Now it's very good Red wine for me. I have many a good bottle laid in stock.

Port afterwards. Very good Port of course.

Also I must have my single malt scotches. I'm particular to the fine Islay peated malts. My favorite being Ardbeg 10 and Uigeadail, Caol Ila 20, Lagavulin 16, and Ledaig 20 year from the Isle of Mull. Tallisker from the Isle of Sky ain't a bad substitute either.

I used to be a cigar man, but now enjoy them all with a very good pipe of fine tobacco on the right certain occasion.

·
Registered
99 Posts
sorry i'm allergic to beverage alcohol. after the first one i tend to break out in HANDCUFFS!!! :hot: :hot: :a18: :hot: :#1:

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
action said:
sorry i'm allergic to beverage alcohol.  after the first one i tend to break out in HANDCUFFS!!! :hot: :hot: :a18: :hot: :#1:
That's too funny! Fortunately, I've avoided the allergy - to date!

·
Registered
134 Posts
For Beer it's usually Guinness or a new castle if it's really hot outside
for the hard stuff Knappogue Castle Irish Single Malt Whiskey is my choice
for desert a bowl full of my favorite pipe tobacco with a Galway Pipe Tawny port
Well now where did I leave my pipe....good night everyone

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Fencer said:
For Beer it's usually Guinness or a new castle if it's really hot outside
for the hard stuff Knappogue Castle Irish Single Malt Whiskey is my choice
for desert a bowl full of my favorite pipe tobacco with a Galway Pipe Tawny port
Well now where did I leave my pipe....good night everyone
Ah ha, I've found a kindred spirit into kindred spirits. Galway Pipe is absolutely my favorite daily drinking Port. You can't (or at least I can't) go drinking $80 to $120 bottles of Portugues Port every day, and Galway Pipe is the best [email protected]^'d port on the planet for the money. The Knappogue Castle sounds intriguing. Never had any Irish single malts.

G

·
Hey, Fencer. smoked a pipe for a while.....Bourcom Rif Tabacco.

Actually drank and smoked at a young age (beer and cigarettes) as my dad said to do it at home.....or not at all.
Drank Chevis Regal as I got older and Long Island Tea, if I got out of hand.

Quit both for 24 years, so as not to be a bad influence on JR.

Started back.....but just Budweiser and cigarettes, for the last 10 years or so.

After my accident and with my age.....I haven't been real concerned about shortening my life.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Heya JR's Dad,

Not much of a tobacco connoisseur but that sounds interesting,
I order mine out of a pipe shop in PA it's called irish mist and they blend it there.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Since I'm from St. Louis and my Dad retired from Anheuser Bush, I'd get my butt kicked for drinking anything but their product's, so I'm a Budweiser man.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I believe in this lifetime we all get a specific amount we can drink....it is ALOT. A large roomfull. I, unfortunately, or fortunately, drank all mine by age 29. Breaking out in handcuffs was a chronic condition. Was doing a life sentence on the installment plan. Every time I have ridden my 109 I have thought how glad I am I don't drink!!! I am not good enough of a drinker to be a good rider. Cheers to you who don't have this problem
and congats to you who have eliminated it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts